Most advertisements make products seem much better. (Agree/Disagree)

Topic :Most advertisements make products seem much better. (A/D)

An ongoing debate exists over whether most advertisements make products seem much better. Although, there may be some advertisements that do not make products look better, I believe a substantial amount of ads make products appear better for two reasons. First, businesses have to make their ads well in order to impress the prospect buyers. Second, many consumers take advertisements into account when they purchase something.

To begin with, there are always a lot of competitors in every businesses so many companies put a substantial amount of money and time on advertisements to make their products better. So the prospective consumers can be impressed. Other businesses may not put any efforts on advertising because they think it is just a waste of money, however, it is one of the most efficient tools to pursue profits. For example, I have online shop that sells vintage apparels and to compete with a numerous other online shops I had to put a great chunk of money into advertising. Since it is all about how much your site can be exposed to perspective customers. However, I had to put more effort on the ads to make our products seem much better, so I came up with some promising and catchy keywords such as “all products are all free shipping”, “everything 50% off” in order to attract customers. Consequently, this was very effective because I could see our profits skyrocketed during that ads were on. In this sense, I strongly believe most advertisements make product seem much better because this directly affects their profits.

In addition, advertisements exert great influences on people when we think of buying something. Some people may say they are not affected by advertisements; however, most people get influenced by ads. For example, when my mom was watching TV she saw an ad for a bag she likes. The commercial made it look very nice and functional so my mom made her mind to buy it. So the next day, she went to the department store and bought the bag she saw on TV. As we can see from this example, advertisements play a key role on attracting consumers. If there were no ads at all it will be hard for people to decide what to buy.

In conclusion, I firmly believe that the majority of advertisements make products seem much better for the reasons I mentioned above. First, it is the most efficient tool for businesses to appeal to prospective consumers and second, it also put a great effects on when people buying something.

TOEFL listening discussions: How long has the young man been drinking alcohol?

Not bad Neo. Not bad at all, a few omissions and small errors but worth 8/10.

Kitos.

Hi Kitos,

Thanks for your compliments. I’d like to know how my logic flow is…
I need pungent criticism. =)

sj

Good morning Neo.

I do like your essay, although there are a few improvements that are possible.
I am unbelievably busy this morning, but I will be happy to do my best to improve your work later today.
I assure you that I will get around to it later.

Regards, Kitos.

Topic :Most advertisements make products seem much better. (A/D)

An ongoing debate exists over whether most advertisements make products seem much better. Although, there may be some advertisements that do not make products look better, I believe a substantial amount of ads make products appear better for two reasons. First, businesses have to make their ads well in order to impress /INFLUENCE AND TEMPT/ the prospect buyers. Second, many consumers DO take advertisements into account when they purchase something.

To begin with, there are always lotS of competitors in every business, so many companies /put/INVEST/ a substantial amount of THEIR money and time on advertisements to make their products /APPEAR MORE ATTRACTIVE/better. So the prospective consumers /can be/WILL BE/ /impressed/TEMPTED TO BUY/.
Other businesses may not put any /efforts on/FAITH IN/ advertising because they think it is just a waste of money, however, IN MY OPINION, it is one of the most efficient tools /to pursue /IN THE PURSUIT OF/profits.

For example, I have AN on-line shop that sells vintage apparels and IN AN EFFORT to compete with numerous other on-line shops I /had to put /DECIDED TO INVEST/a great chunk of money into advertising.

Since /it/SELLING/ is all about how much your site can be exposed to perspective customers, I had to put more effort INTO the ads to make our products seem much better, so I came up with some promising and catchy keywords, such as “all products are all /free shipping/SHIPPED FOR FREE/”, " 50% off everything" in order to attract customers.
/Consequently/THANKFULLY/, this was very effective because I could see THAT our profits HAD sky-rocketed during THE PERIOD that THE ads were /on/RUNNING/.
/In this sense,/BECAUSE OF THIS/ I strongly believe most advertisements make productS /seem/APPEAR/ much better because this directly affects their /profits/SALEABILITY/.

In addition, advertisements exert /great influences/A GREAT INFLUENCE/ on MANY people when /we/THEY/ ARE thinkING of buying /something/A PARTICULAR ITEM/. Some people may say they are not affected by advertisements; however, most people DO BECOME AND ARE influenced by ads.
For example, when my mom was watching TV she saw an ad for a bag she likeD. The commercial made it look very nice and functional AND APPEALING, so my mom made her mind UP to buy it.
The VERY next day, she went to the department store and bought the bag she /saw/HAD SEEN/ on TV.
As we can see from this example, advertisements play a key role IN attracting consumers. If there were no ads at all it WOULD be DIFFICULT for people to decide what to buy.

In conclusion, I firmly believe that the majority of advertisements make products seem much better for the reasons I HAVE mentioned above.
First, it is the most efficient tool for businesses IN appealING to prospective consumers and second, it also greatLY affects people’S OPINIONS ABOUT buying something.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Please don’t be annoyed with me Neo, I was having fun!
Kitos.

Hello Kitos

I am not annoyed at all. Thank you very much for your suggestion.
It is really helping me a lot. Hope you have a great day! thx =)