Modern technology is creating a single world culture do you agree or disagree

With the advance in the technology, information is spread and exchanged faster than before. That is, people are exposure to environment with affluent cultures and diverse values. In my opinion, I disagree the statement that mordent technology is creating a single world culture.

First of all, the modern technology is beneficial to preserve the old culture and keep the world plentiful. With the advent of camera, people can us it not only to record the daily life but also to film the traditional culture. For example, there are fourteen or more indigenous cultures in my country, Taiwan. In the ten years ago, some of them are facing difficulty in transmission and inheritance. Thus, the government set up the organization to record these unique cultures. Now, people can watch the related video about indigenous food, clothes and ceremonies online.

In addition, the modern technology is conducive to create a new culture. People are capable of receiving and absorbing various styles of information via Internet. It makes people easier to combine two separate factors into a brand-new one. Take Taylor Swift for example, she combines the country music with electricity in her recent albums, and offer her fans a new listening experience. It is undeniable that she creates a novel and catchy music styles to the world.

Last but not least, the modern technology helps people accept different cultures faster. With the rapid spread of social media, children gain some cultural backgrounds and hear some culture shocks from the internets. Step by step, the children are accustomed to these, and feel that it is no big deal to be different. After growing up, they will be more open-minded to accept the distinctive culture and see the beauty in it.

In conclusion, the modern technology creating a better environment for different cultures to exit and mix. It can help the surviving cultures be recorded and pass on generations. Also, it can help create a new culture by combining with each other. What’s more, it can make people respect different cultures while informed earlier. These all enhance the cultural diversity.

1 Like

With the advancement of technology, information is spread and exchanged faster than before. This means that people are exposed to environments with rich cultures and diverse values. In my opinion, I disagree with the statement that modern technology is creating a single world culture.

First of all, modern technology is beneficial to preserve the old culture and keep the world rich. With the advent of camera, people can use it not only to record the daily life, but also to film the traditional culture. For example, in my country, Taiwan, there are fourteen or more indigenous cultures. In the ten years ago, some of them face difficulties in transmission and inheritance. So the government set up an organization to record these unique cultures. Now, people can watch the related video about indigenous food, clothing and ceremonies online.

In addition, modern technology is conducive to creating a new culture. People are able to receive and absorb different kinds of information through the Internet. It makes it easier for people to combine two separate factors into a brand new one. Take Taylor Swift, for example, in her recent albums, she combines country music with electricity and gives her fans a new listening experience. It is undeniable that she is creating a new and catchy style of music for the world.

Last but not least, modern technology helps people accept different cultures more quickly. With the rapid spread of social media, children get some cultural backgrounds and hear some culture shocks from the Internet. Gradually, children get used to it and feel that being different is not a big deal. When they grow up, they will be more open-minded to accept the different culture and see the beauty in it.

In conclusion, modern technology creates a better environment for different cultures to come out and mix. It can help the surviving cultures to be recorded and passed on from generation to generation. It can also help to create a new culture by combining with each other. What’s more, it can make people respect different cultures while being informed earlier. All of these promote cultural diversity.

Thank you so much. :grinning: I learned “hear some culture shocks”.

1 Like