mind b...

What is the difference between the words “mind-boggling” and “mind blowing”?

“Mind-boggling” means profoundly confusing and predictably is often negative. “Mind-blowing” means astonishing and is often positive.

We are not yet over her mind-boggling error in judgment.
Michael Jackson’s dancing talent was mind-blowing.

“We are not yet over her mind-boggling error in judgment.”
What do you mean by this?

what does ‘not yet over’ mean?

any simple alternatives?

“Not yet over” means you still have not gotten beyond something (that is usually bad). When someone tells you “Get over it,” the person means to move on and stop feeling bad, annoyed, sad, puzzled, disappointed, angry, etc., about it.

Simple alternatives to what? Do you mean the adjectives you started the thread about?

We continue to have negative feelings about her baffling mistake.

Got it.Thanks a lot Mordant.

Did I?

In fact I just want a plain parahrased form of the sentence.

So I should have asked ‘What do you mean by this?’. Right?

Anyway thank you very much for answering my silly questions

Your questions are not silly. I just wasn’t sure whether you wanted simple alternatives to “mind-boggling” and “mind-blowing” or “not yet over.” I confused you with the original poster when I said you started the thread. Apologies.

It’s ok man.

Is it correct if you use 'apology’ instead of its plural form?

By the way, what should I say if I want to accept one’s apology?

It’s ok.

Forget about it.

Never mind.

Any more?

thank you again

“Apology accepted.”

“Apology” is generally singular unless you are actually referring to several instances of it. In speech, the plural form means “I am sorry.” Simply saying “apology” would be awkward.

“Apology accepted” is a more formal way to say it and not exactly appropriate for casual chatter with friends. Unless it’s a formal business meeting, you would typically say “that’s okay,” “it’s okay” or even just a simple “thank you.” However, remember that “thank you” should only be used when someone has clearly done something wrong, and should not be used to reply to someone apologizing for accidentally bumping you on the shoulder.

Got it. Thanks a lot to both of you. :wink: