Meaning of slang 'kinda' and the way to use it?

i have some problems in english and i think you can help me

first , i dont know the meaning of this slang " kinda" and the way to use it n is "kinda " the same as “kindda”?

second , solution + to s.t , but i saw solution + for , what is correct ? and is solution +for + CLAUSE ?

third , can u give me the way to use " up to" , “until”

n finally , can u tell me the difference among “like” , “alike”, “such” , “such a” , “as” , " such as"
…thanks for reading… :smiley:
khanh

#1-- ‘Kinda’ is just a way of transcribing the informal pronunciation of the phrase ‘kind of’. It is the way many speakers pronounce it in casual conversation.

#2-- I have found the solution to/for the problem. To is more common, but for is OK, too. A noun clause can be used as an object of either preposition.

up to
a. as far as or approaching (a certain part, degree, point, etc.): She went wading up to her knees. I am up to the eighth lesson.
b. in full realization or attainment of: He worked up to president of the company.
c. as many as; to the limit of: The car will seat up to five persons.
d. having adequate powers or ability for; capable of; equal to: He didn’t think I was up to the job.
e. the duty or responsibility of; incumbent upon: It’s up to you to break the news to him.
f. engaged in; contriving; doing: What have you been up to lately?

[i]until
–conjunction

1. up to the time that or when; till: He read until his guests arrived.
  2. before (usually used in negative constructions): They did not come until the meeting was half over.
    –preposition
  3. onward to or till (a specified time or occurrence): She worked until 6 p.m.
  4. before (usually used in negative constructions): He did not go until night. [/i]

#4-- They are used in various constructions too numerous to mention here (or to think of at the moment). Here are some:

Tom looks like Harry.
Tom and Harry look alike.
Mary likes such fellows as Tom and Harry.
Mary likes such a fellow as Tom.
Mary likes a fellow such as Tom.
Mary likes Harry as a friend.