meaning of "eye to eye"

Hi all,
Could you tell me the meaning of “eye to eye”?
And what does this sentence mean “Let’s share on that.”?
Thanks in advance.

Hi hothu,

eye to eye - (conversational) encounter where both parties enjoy equal rights

We need to resolve this matter eye to eye.

Your other question looks a bit odd when you look at the sentence ‘let’s share on that’ isolated from context. So I asked Ms Google for ideas, and she proposed this question:

Does anyone have any insight or tips to share on how to land a helicopter on a dolly? Let’s share on that!

In American usage, “eye to eye” means agreement. We don’t see eye to eye on that, but that’s okay. We can agree to disagree.

The idea of equal rights would be expressed as "on equal footing.

I would understand the idiomatic usage of “eye to eye” the same way Barb does.

Hi,

Interestingly, although ‘see eye to eye’ has a positive meaning, it is often used in a negative sense: We don’t see eye to eye over the matter of equal rights.

Alan

Hi Alan

It looks like you see eye to eye with Barb and me regarding the use of that expression. :wink:

All I can hear in my head now is that song from The Music Man. And we’re so by-gone stubborn we can stand touching noses for a week at a time and never see eye-to-eye-(yie-yie).

Hi Everybody,

what the meäning of ““eye to eye””;is it pharse?

Kindly help me and clear my doubt.

Thanks

Bijo

‘See eye to eye’ = agree; have the same opinion.

thanks

Thanks all. you help me much.

Sorry but what do you mean by these, Barb?

We can agree to disagree means that we have different opinions, but we don’t have to keep arguing about them.
Google the musical “The Music Man” and look for the lyrics to the song about Iowa. It’s a line from that song.

Hi Barb,

I like it.

Perhaps we should adopt this as a motto for our site.

Alan

On a field gules, a grammarian Embattled; a bend sinister, “We Agree to Disagree”?

:lol:
OMG! I can’t stop laughing!
:lol:

I know it’s the song lyrics, Barb, but does the phrase ‘stand touching noses for a week at a time’ mean exactly so? (literally) It sounds… odd :roll:

I don’t know, Alan. I myself love arguing :twisted: :twisted: , but I do wish those arguments would have nothing to do with UK vs US :frowning: