Many students have to study subjects which they do not like.

Many students have to study subjects which they do not like. Some people think this is a complete waste of time.
Do you agree or disagree with this statement??

In today’s competitive world, knowledge plays an important role in climbing the ladder of success. I agree that students should also study subjects which is not of their interest.

We start to study at a very young age when our parents admint us to the schools. There we have many subjects as a part of the curiculum and we being small children cannot make a choice among the available subjects as we do not know whether we are choosing the good subject or not. As we grow, we tend to develop interest in few subjects and I think mostly because of the teaching pattern by the teachers or because of the subject being easy. Again, we as a children cannot study with any parental pressure and tend to develop loss of interest in some subjects. I think the interest in the subjects change are we become more mature.

During admission to the collges, children can then select the subjects of their choice and can explore it further. During this time, they can choose the subject of their interest as they can decide themselves. For example, my brother was very passionate about the cars and given a chance wanted to study automobiles in his college days. Hence while admitting to his college he made a good lot of research on collges where he can pursue automobile engeering and get into the careers working on cars.

Nowdays, the job market is very demading and the recruiters select students who are skilled in various fields. However, when you start working in any company, there may certain job opportunities where you have to work out of your interest. In such situation, if you are flexible enough with your interests then you can easily take up the new skills and excel in it. The flexibilty of the interest in subjects can make us all rounder and succesful.

Hence I think it is not the subjects but the way our teachers teach and the way we learn makes us to gain more interest in some subjects. Hence in schoools, teachers should promote and build positive attitude towards all the subjects so that all subjects becomes interesing.

Thanks.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a social sciences class (2)

Many students have to study subjects which they do not like. Some people think this is a complete waste of time.
Do you agree or disagree with this statement??

In today’s competitive world, knowledge plays an important role in climbing the ladder of success. I agree that students should also study subjects which is not of their interest.

We start to study at a very young age when our parents ADMIT us to the schools. There we have many subjects as a part of the curRiculum and we being small children cannot make a choice among the available subjects as we do not know whether we are choosing the MOST SUITABLE subject or not. As we grow, we tend to develop interest in few subjects and I think mostly because of the teaching pattern by the teachers or because of the subject being easy. Again, we as a children cannot study with any parental pressure and tend to develop loss of interest in some subjects. I think the interest in the subjects change are we become more mature.

During admission to the collEges, children can then select the subjects of their choice and can explore it further. During this time, they can choose the subject of their interest as they can decide themselves. For example, my brother was very passionate about the cars and given a chance wanted to study automobiles in his college days. Hence while DECIDING ON his college he made a good lot of research on collEges where he can pursue automobile engINeering and get into A career OF working on cars.

NowAdays, the job market is very demaNding and the recruiters select students who are skilled in various fields. However, when you start working in any company, there may certain job opportunities where you have to work out of your interest. In such A situation, if you are flexible enough with your interests then you can easily take up the new skills and excel in it. The flexibilIty of the interest in subjects can make us AN all rounder and succesSful.

Hence I think it is not the subjects but the way our teachers teach and the way we learn THAT TEMPTS us to gain more interest in some subjects. Hence in schools, teachers should promote and build positive attitudeS towards all the subjects so that all subjects become interesTing.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
A good effort Smarty.

8/10