Many countries have spent vast sums of money on armament

Please, help me with some advice.
Topic
Many countries have spent vast sums of money on armament for the sake of self defense. Some people think the government should stop putting money in this field. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Although it is an era of world peace, local military conflicts exist for many causes such as territory or natural resources. For this reason, countries should develop national defense with a certain amount of money. Therefore, the trade off is the key to avoid arms race.

It is reasonable to develop national defense appropriately. First of all, a strong national defense can prevent invasion and occupation. It means the military power is the base of national security. Second, to develop national defense, the government must promote the national defense industry, which can accelerate the advancement in technology. In addition, these technology can be converted to civil use such as CDMA, which can benefit the society as a whole. Thirdly, the army can make sure our business benefits. For instance, Many countries have sent warships to protect cargo ships.

Despite the fact, the government should not allocate too much money on armament, which often leads to disasters. For example, Cord War has made the two countries ( The Union Soviet and The United States ) produce a enormous amount of weapons such as nuclear bombs. As a result, these weapons became the greatest threat to human survival. Even now, Cold War has come to the end, people have to face the problem how to dispose of these weapons without any trouble. But as we known, many weapons such as AK-47 and RPG have been largely sold to African countries. This crucial factor has led to civil wars and resulted in the death of millions of innocent civilians.

In conclusion, national defense is necessary but the purpose is to preserve peace. For this aim, countries should build up mutual trust to avoid arms race. More importantly, weapon selling should be restricted limited.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor in the College of Fine Arts

1 Like

Although it is an era of world peace, local military conflicts exist for many causes such as territory or natural resources. For this reason, countries should develop national defense with a certain amount of money. Therefore, the trade off is the key to avoid arms race.

It is reasonable to develop national defense appropriately. First of all, a strong national defense can prevent invasion and occupation. It means the military power is the base of national security.

Second, to develop national defense, the government must promote the national defense industry, which can accelerate the advancement in technology. In addition, these technology can be converted to civil use such as CDMA, which can benefit the society as a whole. Thirdly, the army can make sure our business benefits. For instance, many countries have sent warships to protect cargo ships.

Despite the fact, the government should not allocate too much money on armament, which often leads to disasters. For example, CoLd War has made the two countries ( The Union Soviet and The United States ) produce a enormous amount of weapons such as nuclear bombs. As a result, these weapons became the greatest threat to human survival. Even now, Cold War has come to the end, people have to face the problem how to dispose of these weapons without any trouble. But as we known, many weapons such as AK-47 and RPG have been largely sold to African countries. This crucial factor has led to civil wars and resulted in the death of millions of innocent civilians.

In conclusion, national defense is necessary but the purpose is to preserve peace. For this aim, countries should build up mutual trust to avoid arms race. More importantly, weapon selling should be restricted limited.

I AGREE WITH YOU:)

1 Like

Hi, Katty2010

Thanks your response, can u give me some more specific advice or help me correct some mistakes, which are the things I really need. That would be great! Thank you.

Wangboniu

1 Like

Hi, I have made a few suggestions for your essay

1 Like

Hi! Luschen

Thanks your suggestions! It does help me a lot. I begin finding the interests of writing.

I have one questions to ask you. How do you remember words? Do you learn them by syllables? I find this way can help me pronounce more accurately and remember them more quickly.

Wangboniu

1 Like

Hi, I am a native English speaker, so maybe for me it is easier to remember new words. Often I can compare them to a word I already know. I do think that reading is critical to building one’s vocabulary. I read all the time.

2 Likes

Hi… Luschen

Please help me in writing task because sometimes i did lots of mistakes then i got low band
And my test in one week
I want to get 7 band
So please suggest some ideas

1 Like

Hi Simranpreet, welcome to our forum. If you want to improve your writing skills you need to do more reading. In addition you addition you need to increase your level of self-discipline and motivation.

1 Like