Man or muppet?

I’ve recently quit my job as a university lecturer because I asked myself a question similar to the one Greg Smith asked himself when leaving Goldman Sachs:

“I look into these eyes, and I don’t recognise, the one I see inside. It’s time for me to decide - am I a man or am I a muppet?”

Take a look at Walter’s song, maybe you can identify with him.

Good evening Ralf and congratulations on quitting your job. You’re one huge step closer to becoming a grown up man.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: At the optician’s[YSaerTTEW443543]

Thank you, Torsten, I moved house as well.

Wow, and your new place even has broadband![YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A small girl with a basket[YSaerTTEW443543]

At least my old place had, but I’ll be a stronger man without broadband :slight_smile:

Seriously, I love new challenges. And I just couldn’t make do with a job that began to bore me and left my life bereft of meaning. Know what I mean?

Morning Ralf, this is crazy: I’m sitting here in sunny Eilenburg with my friends at AFI and usual the BBC is on. I’m writing a message on the forum concentrating on my thoughts when in the background I hear the voice of this Irish BBC presenter (which sounds similar to yours) and he is talking about this Man or Muppet story, including Greg Smith and his departure from Goldman Sachs, etc. I would call this serendipity at its best…[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: The park[YSaerTTEW443543]

More like devine providence! Or since you’re in Eilenburg more like dispensation (with the real world). Greetings to those humble spirits in your classroom!