Making sure that others know about your accomplishments means success?

Although there is no denying that making influential people or potential employers know about a person’s talent and achievement might facilitate his struggling process, therefore guarantees a glorious successful career, it is neither a necessary nor the only way to achieve a flourishing life from my perspective.

In the first place, I have to admit that showing potency and merit to supervisors is essential for a person who wants to fulfill his career ambition, especially when he acts as a member of a group. For one thing, knowing the employee’s true strengths clearly enables a wise leader to provide a right position for him. Take basketball players for example. If Kobe’s and Yao Ming’s positions were exchanged by their coach, neither of them would get to their current points, for their physical conditions, as well as personal skills might be not cut for the other one’s place. For another, it can enhance your promotion opportunity, because leaders tend to promote the excellent employees in his mind, thus showing your strong ability could play an important role in your promotion.

An overemphasis on showing oneself to others, however, complicates the working environment, which might have a negative influence on personal development. Case in point, if an employee always describes himself as big shot, both his superiors and colleagues are more likely to consider him as a vain person. Even if he masters excellent professional skills or valuable experience actually, his improper show off behavior will incur repulsion from others. In this situation, he will not succeed at least in this company. Thus, such showing behavior goes too far, and becomes the hurdle of his potential brilliant future.

In addition, generally, a successful career is not necessarily synonymous with a successful life. In fact, some kinds of individual success do not need to gain the affirmation from others, for the reason that everyone is his own enemy. Thus, sometimes, success just means overcoming oneself. For instance, when I tried to finish an eight-hundred meters’ running in order to get a full mark in my physical educational exam, I conquered myself by keeping running three thousands meters a day for totally three months. Eventually, I reached my goal. Although I am the only person who witness a miracle, my success is undeniable.

In a nutshell, both the pros and cons of making other be aware of your talent should be taken into consideration. What’s more, since a successful career does not necessarily guarantee a successful life, it is not the only factor that counts.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture by a professor of Art

Thank you for your help!

TOPIC:Some people think making sure that others (influential people or potential employers) know about your strengths and accomplishments can help you succeed, if you do not do this, you won’t have a successful life.

Although there is no denying that making influential people or potential employers know about a person’s talent and achievement might facilitate his struggling process, therefore guaranteeING a glorious successful career, BUT IN MY OPINION it is neither a necessITY nor the only way to achieve a flourishing life. from my perspective.

In the first place, I have to admit that showing potency and merit to supervisors is essential for a person who wants to fulfill his career ambition, especially when he acts as a member of a group. For one thing, knowing the employee’s true strengths clearly enables a wise leader to provide a right position for him. Take basketball players for example. If Kobe’s and Yao Ming’s positions were exchanged by their coach, neither of them would get to their current points, for their physical conditions, as well as personal skills might be not BE cut for the other one’s place. For another, it can enhance your promotion opportunity, because leaders tend to promote the excellent employees in his mind, thus, showing your strong ability could play an important role in your promotion.

An overemphasis on showing oneself to others however, complicates the working environment, which might have a negative influence on personal development. Case in point, if an employee always describes himself as BEING A big shot, both his superiors and colleagues are more likely to consider him as a vain person. Even if he masters excellent professional skills or valuable experience actually, his improper showING off behavior will incur repulsion from others. In this situation, he will not succeed(,) at least in this company. Thus, such showing behavior goes too far, and becomes the hurdle of his potential brilliant future.

In addition, Generally a successful career is not necessarily synonymous with a successful life. In fact, some kinds of individual success do not need to gain the affirmation from others, for the reason that everyone is his own enemy. Thus, sometimes success just means overcoming oneself. For instance, when I tried to finish an eight-hundred meters’ run in order to get a full mark in my physical educational exam, I /conquered/TRAINED/ myself by keeping running three thousands meters a day for totally three months. Eventually, I reached my goal. Although I am the only person who witnessED THIS a miracle, my success is undeniable.

In a nutshell, both the pros and cons of making other be aware of your talent should be taken into consideration. What’s more, since a successful career does not necessarily guarantee a successful life, it is not the only factor that counts.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Not too bad Hallie, although a little more imagination wouldn’t go amiss.

Kitos. 8/10

Thank you!