Make all the changes and additions necessary to produce sentences from the follow

Hello teachers,
Please help me to correct this exercise. Many thanks.

Make all the changes and additions necessary to produce sentences from the following sets of words and phrases:

Eg: Computers/able/ calculate/ quick
Computers are able to calculate quickly.

1. Last Sunday/ we/go out/ the country/ visit/ my grandmother.
    Last Sunday we went out to the country to visit my grandmother.
  2. I/ always/ look forward/ go/ and see/ her.
    I always look forward to going and seeing her.
  3. My grandmother/ like/ grow/ own vegetables.
    My grandmother likes to grow her own vegetables.
    1. She/ never/ prepare/ meal without/ use/ fresh/vegetables.
      She has never prepared a meal without using fresh vegetables.
  4. When we/ arrive/we/decide/go/short walk/before/sit down/lunch.
    When we arrived, we decided to go for a short walk before sitting down to have lunch.
  5. I/love/walk in/ country/even though/ I /dislike/walk/when I/be/in the city.
    Even though I dislike to walk when I am in the city, I love to walk in the country.
  6. When we/get back/table/be laid/ the garden for lunch/ and /we/ begin/ eat/ and talk.
    When we got back to the garden, the table was laid for lunch and we began to eat and talk.
  7. I/be/not used/eat a lot/ but/ everything/so delicious/I just/ cannot/ stop/ to eat.
    I am not used to eating a lot, but I just cannot stop to eat everything that so delicious.
    1. I/manage/eat/great deal more than I/ intend/ eat.
      I failed to manage a great deal that I ate more than I intended to eat.
    2. When we all/finish/eat/we/sit round/ table/ and/ go on/talk/ until/ two o’clock.
      When we all finished eating, we sat round a table and went on to talk until two o’clock.

Keep the words in the same order as the original:

1. She never prepares a meal without using fresh vegetables.
  2. When we arrived, we decided to go for a short walk before sitting down to lunch.
    6.Even though I dislike walking when I am in the city, I love to walk in the country.
  3. When we got back, the table was laid for lunch in the garden, and we began to eat and talk.
  4. I am not used to eating a lot, but everything is so delicious that I just cannot stop eating.
  5. I managed to eat a great deal more than I intended to eat.
  6. When we all finished eating, we sat round the table and went on talking until two o’clock.

Hi Mister Micawber,

“5. When we arrived, we decided to go for a short walk before sitting down to lunch.”

What’s the difference between “to lunch” and “to have lunch?”

I don’t think it’s a difference problem but a problem about natural English.

Teachers, thank you!

I have a question and I would like you to explain it. My friend said all sentences above are from a letter. So some sentences are used past tense. Here is her answer. Please hep me to check it. Thank you.

1. Last Sunday, we went out to the countryside to visit my grandmother.
  2. I was always looking forward to going and seeing her.(I wrote: “I look for ward to going and seeing her.” My question is which way is right."
  3. My grandmother likes growing her own vegetables. (I wrote “My grandmother likes to grow her own vegetables”. I wonder which is right."
  4. She never prepares meals without fresh vegetable.
  5. When we arrived, we decided to go for a short walk before sitting down for lunch.
  6. I love walking in the countryside, even though I dislike walking when I am in the city.(I wonder if even though is used in the beginning of a sentence.)
  7. When we got back, the table was laid in the garden for lunch and we begin eating and talking.
  8. I am not used to eating a lot, but everything was so delicious that I couldn’t stop eating.
  9. I managed to eat a great deal more than I intended to eat/ I had intended to eat.
  10. When we all finished eating, we sat around the table and went on talking until two o’clock.

As for the difference between “like to” and “like v-ing,” I think this thread may be of great help.

english-test.net/forum/sutra95130.html#95130

My try.

1. Last Sunday, we went out to the countryside to visit my grandmother.
  2. I ALWAYS LOOK forward to going and seeing her.
  3. My grandmother likes growing her own vegetables. (I wrote “My grandmother likes to grow her own vegetables”. I wonder which is right." BOTH ARE RIGHT
  4. She never prepares meals without fresh vegetableS.
  5. When we arrived, we decided to go for a short walk before sitting down for lunch.
  6. I love walking in the countryside, even though I dislike walking when I am in the city.(I wonder if even though is used in the beginning of a sentence.) IT’S CORRECT AS YOUR FRIEND HAS WRITTEN IT.
  7. When we got back, the table was laid in the garden for lunch and we begin eating and talking.
  8. I am not used to eating a lot, but everything was so delicious that I couldn’t stop eating.
  9. I managed to eat a great deal more than I intended to eat/ I had intended to eat. BOTH ARE IN USE, THE SECOND IS MORE ACCURATE.
  10. When we all finished eating, we sat around the table and went on talking until two o’clock.

hello E2,

This is your ‘correction’ of Hoadong’s question - but you will mislead him with this answer unless you correct it further as indicated!

I have a question and I would like [color=green]that you to explain it. My friend said [color=green]that all THE [color=green]above sentences above BELOW are from a letter . So, so some sentences are used [color=green]in the simple past tense. Here is her answer. Please help me to check it. Thank you.