Luck or hard work? Thank you!

10.”When people succeed in life, it is because of hard work. Being lucky has nothing to do with success in life.” Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your position.

Success depends on many things. The two most important factors are hard work and luck. But, hard work is the single most important factor in one’s success. The famous people are successful because of hard work. Also, hard work always equals success, while luck is not always guaranteed.

Billionaires like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett are successful because of hard work. Bill Gates, the founder of the Microsoft, is the richest individual in the entire world. He dropped out of high school and worked extremely hard to be in the position that he is in today. In one interview, he told the interviewee that he never ceased to stop working and he attributed his success to hard work. My goal was to be accepted to the University of Georgia. I studied whenever I had the chance and dedicated myself to numerous extracurricular activities that furthered improved my chances of acceptance. After 4 years of immense dedication, I received an acceptance letter from the one and only: University of Georgia. I realized that, I could be the next Bill Gate If I never cease to stop working hard.

Luck is not always guaranteed. It is not guaranteed because luck is based on chances and chances are slim that an individual is lucky all the time. Hard work doesn’t depend on chances or probabilities. It is always going to pay dividends for you. I entered this one prize giveaway contest. I put maybe 4 or 5 ballots into the ballot box and the box was filled with thousands and thousands of ballots. On the day of the drawing, I received a phone call that I won the first prize, which was thousand dollars gift card to a department store. I was extremely excited, so I decided to enter another giveaway and I didn’t even win anything my second time. This proves that luck is based on chances.

Hard work is the key to success in life. Many famous people are famous because of hard work and dedication. Also, hard work always equal success, while luck does not.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a university adviser and a student

Hi Dhoon! Good Essay. But in first paragraph you have to declare whether you agree or disagree with the above quotation provided in question. And also state which option do you support. Also I have noticed you wrote 400words in your essay. Toefl Essay writing is based on 300-350 words maximum.

Thank you. I forgot to state my position. How silly of me. Also, thank you for noticing the word count. I will make sure to keep my essay within that range.