Low class in the way you talk

"Low class is in the way you talk, it’s the way you dress, it’s the obvious understanding that more intelligent people have when they start talking to you and realize that you don’t have an open mind.

If you are low class, you won’t know what low class is.

If you are truly high class, you won’t waste your time with low class because you have already crossed that bridge.

But if you think you are high class, you won’t really know the difference."

This quote is so ambiguous that I can’t catch it. Please make it clearer or paraphrase it if possible. Many thanks.

2 Likes

Which part of the quote do you find hard to understand?

1 Like

The whole, I’m afraid.

Do you understand this part?

1 Like

The way you talk or dress are kinds of low class ?

2 Likes

When somebody is low class you can see it (that they are low class) in the way they walk and talk and in the way they dress.

1 Like

If you are truly high class, you won’t waste your time with low class because you have already crossed that bridge
What does cross that bridge mean here ?

1 Like

You have already moved up to a higher social class.

1 Like

So how about “But if you think you are high class, you won’t really know the difference” ?
Apologies because the paragraph is pretty philosophical to me.

2 Likes

What about it? Which part don’t you understand?

1 Like

I don’t know implication of the difference here. In other words, I think it rather than “If you are really high class, you really know the difference”.

1 Like

Maybe we shouldn’t use terms like ‘low class’ and ‘high class’ when talking about people in the first place?

1 Like