Looking for 'Forum Security Agents'

Hello everyone,

We are looking for forum members who want to take an active part in keeping our forum spam free. That’s why we’ve added a feature for our ‘Forum Security Agents’ that allows you to remove any spam post including the spammer’s account with two clicks. If you qualify as a ‘Forum Security Agent’, you will get promoted and you will see a red ‘Spam’ button next to any forum post. Once you click on that button, you will see a page that lists all the posts made by that particular user. If indeed he is a spammer, you can then remove his account along with all his posts with one final click.

If you want to become one of our Forum Security Agents please tell us so here in this thread.

Thank you very much for helping us keep our forum spam free.

Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A woman in the studio[YSaerTTEW443543]

Great idea! Thanks, Torsten.

Thank you for your quick response, Charles. As soon as the feature is online you’ll get ‘promoted’.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Beach volley ball jumping up[YSaerTTEW443543]

Please put me on your hit-list Torsten.

Spammers must not be allowed to destroy all of the hard work you guys have put into making this Forum the great place that it is.

Kitos.

Spam has become quite frequent on this forum. The worst part is that I cannot check 0-reply posts from the list of topics anymore. I guess spam messages will also be quite confusing for those whose English is too basic to recognize them immediately. I will gladly work with you here, although I have no idea whether I qualify or not. I’d be happy enough if I could only flag spam for you with a single click; I don’t really care about the power to remove it myself.

I would be willing to help in any way I can. You guys are working so hard for other people. Keep up the good work. Bless you all.

Oh good– a spammer wants to help, too!

And his mate.

It’s a whole SWAT team!

I wonder, are these spamming accounts automatically created? If so, perhaps the procedure to create an account could be changed - I don’t remember what it was like.
Some spammers appear to have posted only one message when I look at them. I do not expect someone to create an account by hand, then post only one or two messages: doesn’t seem worth the trouble. Or did they in fact post more messages, which had already been wiped by the time I stumbled upon them? Probably not.

We are going to get help from a programmer who specializes in phpBB boards because most of the spammer accounts are indeed created automatically. The ‘remove spam’ button will be available to our Forum Security Agents by the end of this week so we look forward to working with you.

Many thanks for patience and your great support.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A happy man in the studio[YSaerTTEW443543]

Please remove “NusypsunnyVot” spammer account.

Can I join it.

Let me join your force, Torsten!

How is the spam battle going? I still see a lot of spam messages, though it looks like they are continually being removed; but I guess there isn’t much that can be done to prevent their popping up. Are captchas required when you sign up?

I think, since we are in different time zones, we get them out sooner now, Cerberus; that’s about it.

I just discovered the email giving me my password; I have already deleted three spammers. Ah, this is very satisfying! I will do my best for my time zone.

Hi Torsten,

Count me in. I’ll happily join the spam fight!

Tom

AAAllophepowepe is a spammer.

BTW, Can I join your force, Torsten?

Hi Hieupt,

Many thanks for that. You have already received an email from Slava with instructions on how to use the Spam Removal Button. Did you read that email?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: At the kindergarten[YSaerTTEW443543]

Ya, I missed reading this email. Now I can see the “spam” button already! Thanks.