Looking for a good English-book

As I like to read a lot, I have always to search for good books. The last-one was titled Joy Luck Club. Could any of you people recommend me an interesting and exciting book? :smiley:

Well, what are you interested in ?

Something classical like Dickens’ “Oliver Twist” or Bronte’s “Jayne Eyre” or
something more modern and fantastic like “Harry Potter” :slight_smile: ?

I also can recommend you something dystopic like “1984” by George Orwell or “Brave New World” by Aldous Huxley. I found both very interesting.

It depends on what you call an interesting & exciting book. As for me I just adore “The catcher in the Rye” by Jerome David Salinger, “The Lord of Flies” and one of the strongest books “Clockwork Orange”. But as for me I look for the problem of relations between people in all the books I read. And I just don`t know what you search for.

Hello
Thank you for the suggestions. At the moment I’m reading Oliver Twist in English and T.C. Boyle “Finished with cool” (as a apropriate translation from the German title!) in German.
I like books with substance. It can be a fantasy, a crime or historical book. :smiley:
Bye Audrey

Maybe youll like even Somerset Maugham...And you may like other English classics. I just adore Oscar Wildes “The Importance of being Earnest”…you may just die of laughter while reading it. And I like the film very much… I just cried while watching it))) Thanx to the film and my laughter I`ve added a few minutes to my life)))