Life today is easier and more comfortable than it was when your grandparents were children

Could you please read and fix my essay? I really appreciate it.

There is no doubt that in many places comfort plays a significant role in our daily lives. Some say that when our grandparents were children life was better since there were less pollution and crime, while others disagree. Both sides may have their own reasons to support their views. If I had to choose one, I would say that life today is easier and more comfortable than it was when our grandparents were children. Here are some reasons why.

First and foremost, we give the marvels of technology credits. We do not sometimes realize that we are using machines that haven’t been here in this world before. Such as an air conditioner, a washing machine, a dryer, and even computers and phones. For example, when my grandparents had something to tell somebody, they had to walk all the way to their houses no matter how far it was. However, we are carrying a nice smartphone all the time and call or message someone. We don’t even have to meet them in person to talk.

Another reason worth mentioning is that our life expectancy has increased with the advances in medicine. People believe that we can live over one hundred years old. Back in the time of my grandparents was different. If someone made it until 60 years old they throw a party to celebrate. Many people died from measles, chicken pox, rubella, etc. My grandmother used to say that she had total six children but three of them died when they were young from diseases. How thankful we are today. If we have ten children, they all can survive with the advancement of medicine.

In brief, l strongly believe that life today is easier and more comfortable with technology and better medicine for the reasons mentioned above. All in all, if we did not have these, we would have fallen behind and still struggle with discomfort. the importance of advanced life in the pursuit of comfort cannot be overstated.

2 Likes

There is no doubt that comfort plays an important role in our daily lives in many places. Some say that life was better in the days of our grandparents because there was less pollution and crime, others disagree. Both sides may have their own reasons to support their views. If I had to choose one, I would say that life is easier and more pleasant today than when our grandparents lived. Here are some reasons why.

First and foremost, we pay tribute to the wonders of technology. Sometimes we don’t even realise that we are using machines that didn’t exist in this world before. For example, an air conditioner, a washing machine, a dryer and even computers and telephones. For example, if my grandparents had something to say to someone, they had to walk all the way to their house, no matter how far it was. We, on the other hand, have a nice smartphone with us all the time and can call someone or send them a message. We don’t even have to meet them in person to talk.

Another reason worth mentioning is that our life expectancy has increased with advances in medicine. People believe that we can live to be over a hundred years old. In my grandparents’ time, it was different. When someone turned 60, they had a party. Many people died of measles, chicken pox, rubella, etc. My grandmother told me that she had six children in total, but three of them died of diseases when they were small. How grateful we are today. If we have ten children, they can all survive thanks to medical advances.

In short, I strongly believe that life today is easier and more comfortable thanks to technology and better medicine for the reasons mentioned above. All in all, without these things, we would have fallen behind and would still have to deal with inconveniences.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your help!!!

2 Likes