Life today is easier and more comfortable than it was before

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Life today is easier and more comfortable than it was when your grandparents were children.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

An advent of new technologies and dicvories has changes our life greatly. It has made people’s lives more comfortable. Hoewever, if you are a person who is conservative using new technologies and has tradition beliefs, He would say that his life would have better in the past. Nonethe less, I totally disagree with him and believe that life today is easier and more comfortable than it was when our grandparents were children. I feel this way because we have new techbologies to use other resources, we live longer, and we have better life-style than before.

To begin with, new discoveries have changed our life to the great extent. Invention of automobiles has connected us in one world. These automobles have played the important role in creating the econolmy. Now people can travel from one place to another very easily. On the other hand, our grandparents did not have this discovery, when they were kids. They used to use animals to travel, which was a time consuming way. It took them days to travel from one place to another. This was the waste of time and money. Nonetheless, now they have this technology that has made it possible to worl more efficiently and effectively.

In addition, our life-span has increased with the advances in mediaction. The ivention of pencillin has cured most of the infectious diseases. The ground-breaking discovety of radition and chemotherapy has cured manu cancers. This has decreased the mortality rate with a great speed. People are living a healthy life. Contrary to this, in the past, the most common reasons for death were these deadly diseases. They suffered from many virulent infections and had not any cure for them. That is why I feel that advancement in technologies has helped us living our life happily.

Last but not least, our life style has changed a lot if we compare it to the past. We are living a luxuriour life-style that it was before. The invention of kitchen gadgets has made it very esay for us to cook. I remember my grandmother preparing spices for food on her own. It took several days for her to make them. However, now my mother buys all thses spices from a grocery store. She uses this time doing her office work. Thus, we are living more comfortably than our grandperents used to live.

To sum it up, some people believe that an invention of new technolgies has created many problem in their lives. However, I believe we have easier and more comfortable life-style than our gradparents had beacuse we can use resources more efficiently, are living longer, and have better life-style.

TOEFL listening discussions: What will the student try to do with his next essay?

Hi Jatkin, I thought your essay was pretty good. You addressed the topic well and your overall structure was effective. Your examples were relevant and quite convincing. You did have a lot of problems with your articles though and some unnatural or awkward sounding phrases. Plus you had a lot of typographical errors. Overall, I would rate this a 4 out of 5.

Thank you sir. I appreciate it.