Letter-unhappy about a plan to make your local airport bigger

Hi Luschen,

I have written this letter, please rate this on scale of 0-9.

[b]You are unhappy about a plan to make your local airport bigger and increase the number of flights. You live near airport.

Write a letter to your newspaper. In your letter

1. Explain where you live
  2. Describe the problem
  3. Give reasons why you do not want this development[/b]

Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing this letter with regard to the article which was published in Sunday Times. The article stated the expansion plan of Oher airport near Winchester. I am staying just 10 minutes away from this airport. This is old residential area where more than 3000 families are living in 4 neighborhoods. Please allow me to point out the problems which could cause serious damage to this residential area, due to this planned airport expansion and increased flight frequencies.

If we really see, as per plan this bigger airport will be developed by acquiring the play ground and proposed medical college plot. Bigger airport means number of flights will also increase and hence will cause more noise and pollution. Low-flying flights are very distractive, they make such a big noise that we cannot concentrate on our daily work. What is worse is, we would wake up by the late hour flights at midnight. There are two schools and one old age home, which will also get disturbed because of this airport expansion and increased flights and cause major health problems.

To sum up, I strongly disagree with this airport expansion plan and increase of flights. I would appreciate, if your newspaper could possibly do the survey and publish an article with details of problem which could be caused due to this development. This will help aviation ministry and local authorities to re-think on this plan.

Yours faithfully
Dan

TOEFL listening lectures: What is the professor’s opinion of Ragwort?

Hi Lr, I think you did a pretty good job with this letter. You addressed all three of the aspects of the prompt and your writing was clear and understandable. You did have some minor errors though, especially with articles, and a few words and phrases that did not sound quite natural. Overall, I would rate this a band 6.5.