Let's talk about TOEFL

Hi, Great English WebSite!

Thank you for providing the rich english materials to us. I’m Chinese, I got to know your web site recently from a english news. I got many help from your web.

I want to take Toefl on Noverber this year. Can you give me some suggestions? where can I find the Listening Toefl freely? :?

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a student and a university advisor

Dear Timothy Tu,

Many thanks for your positive feedback. So, you are taking the TOEFL test this November and want to prepare for the listening section. As you know the TOEFL assesses your overall listening comprehension which means you should listen to authentic English audio sources every day. People often think that there are specific materials that prepare you for a specific test. If that were the case all you had to do would be to purchase those courses, complete all the exercises and you would be prepared for the test. However, tests like the TOEFL or the TOEIC are designed to establish your command of the English language. So, it follows that any English language training activity you engage in will increase your level of English and thereby your chances to score high on the TOEFL or TOEIC.

Do you have access to English language TV or radio? For example, have you tried listening to the BBC through the Internet? What about DVD’s? Can you get them from a library? Also, you might want to purchase audio materials — it’s a good investment into your future. Let me know what you think and we can talk about it here.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: Do you think anyone can make a living out of simply writing books?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hey Torsten, finaly, found you here…haha…How are u doing? hope everything running smoothly to u…

Hi Timothy, regarding to the English learning, i think u will get a well performance if you read more, listen more, write more,talk more etc. sure. this is so-called Chinese traditional methods. p.s. I’m Chinese :D.

As for the free web for listening, wow, a zillion lah…below site was highly recommended to you… i do hope it could be any help for you … :slight_smile:

Have a great day…Vivien

Hi Vivien,

Thanks a lot for giving us some tips on how to improve our English. As you know learning a language means to establish a certain set of habits. For example, in English the personal pronoun I is always spelled with a capital «I» and the personal pronoun «you» has three letters. Please, do stick to some basic rules when you participate in our forum because there are many people reading your texts and you want to expose them to proper English, don’t you?

By the way, you can read more about Dave’s ESL Cafe here:
[url]http://www.english-test.net/esl-cafe/[/url][YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: Can I borrow that book after you’ve finished with it?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Dear Torsten,
hy i found u .i did it.thank u for helping me.but need u help.

Hi Shweyee,

Welcome to english-test.net and many thanks for your message. It’s great to hear you have found our website and of course we are going to help you. I think the first step for you might want to take is download and install Firefox on your computer. It comes with an excellent checker that will help you reduce the number of spelling mistakes and typos you are obviously making.

Please let me know what you think.
Regards
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Two business people meet at a conference[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi everyone,
I often came to read many posts in the forum and I also tried to write something. Yet I don’t know what to write because most of the questions I wanted to know have already been asked by others so that I could see the answers easily. The consequence of this way is I have no opportunity to get a correction in my English mistake. Today I have decided that I must write something. Fortunately, I get an idea to write when I was reading these posts. Yes, I’ll take the TOEFL exam in the coming six months, if I could. One of the problems I have to face is the difficulty of vocabulary. I don’t know which one is the best way to improve my vocabulary. Do you have some suggestions for me? I’m waiting for your suggestions. Thanks.

Hi Fairy,
To improve your vocabulary, you are already at the right place. Follow the link below;

english-test.net/toefl/vocab … l-test.php

HI Nzuahp,

Thanks a lot for your reply. By the way, may I ask you some questions? I want to know how to estimate how many words I have already possessed and how can I check my grammar’s status. I want to know how many months do I have to spend to get a great score in TOEFL exam and how can I get a help for it, as I’m from Myanmar, I get some problems for buying books, as well. Is there any guideline offer for TOEFL by www.english-test.net ? I’m waiting for your reply.

Have a nice day,
Fairy

Hi Fairy, you can use the "word count " of Microsoft office word.
I cannot really say there is a pecific number of months to prepare for the exam. You just need to identify your areas of difficulties and used the time possible to overcome it.
For guide lines, if you are taking the test for the first time; download the TOEFL Tips at the ETS website and go through it. It gives the detail of all the sections of the exam (ets.org/Media/Tests/TOEFL/pdf/TOEFL_Tips.pdf).

Wish you luck in your preparation.