Leisure time. Is the good use of leisure time the key to man's future?

Leisure time. Is the good use of leisure time the key to man´s future?.

• What is the leisure time and how much do you have?.
  • How do you spend your leisure time?.
  • What changes will there be in leisure activities in the future?.

The definition of leisure time may be percieved differently by everyone depending on their tastes and interests. Some may like to spend their free time with their family while others would prefer calming and relaxing without the botheration of anyone. It is impossible to measure the influence of the activities done in leisure time that could lead to a successful future. However, many activities have different impact on a person’s life in many different ways. For instance, i personally like to browse through the internet whenever i have time and i keep in touch with my friends over the net. I also study English and try to improve my writing skills. This, i believe will benefit me in the future as english is a becoming a global medium to communicate with each other.

Furthermore, Leisure time that is spent in sleeping or taking long baths will obviously not change a person’s life in any way. This may only contribute in the personal satisfaction. But, as far as betterment of the future is concerned I think it is irrrational to claim that leisure activities of any kind will be significant for the future. Until unless, the person prefer something meaningful such as learning a new language, writing essays, etc.

In summary, this is an era or technological revolution, hence many leisure activities in recent times have canged due to it. Several years ago childrens were playing in playgrounds but this has changed now.They are spending much of their free time on the computers. People liked to eat out before but now they enjoy the luxury of takeaways and order food at home. These days, the activities of leisure times are far apart than the activities in the past. Likewise , more new and exciting things to do will be introduced in the future.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a social science class (2)

Leisure time. Is the good use of leisure time the key to man´s future?.

• What is the leisure time and how much do you have?.
  • How do you spend your leisure time?.
  • What changes will there be in leisure activities in the future?.

The definition of leisure time may be percEIved differently by everyone depending on their tastes and interests.
Some may like to spend their free time with their family(,) while others would prefer SIMPLY TO RELAX without the PRESENCE OF OTHERS.
It is impossible to measure the influence of the activities done in leisure time that could lead to a successful future.
However, many activities have A different impact on a person’s life in many different ways.
For instance, (I) personally like to browse through the (I)nternet whenever(I) have time(,) and (I) keep in touch with my friends over the 'net.
I also study English and try to improve my writing skills.
This (I) believe will benefit me in the future(,) as (E)nglish is a becoming a global medium IN communicatING with otherS.

Furthermore, leisure time that is spent in sleeping or taking long baths will obviously not change a person’s life in any way.
This may only CATER TO ONE’S personal satisfaction(,) but as far as A betterment of the future is concerned(,) I think it is irrational to claim that leisure activities of any kind will be significant for the future(,) unless the person preferS something meaningful(,) such as learning a new language, writing essays, etc.

In summary, this is an era or technological revolution, hence many leisure activities in recent times have cHanged BECAUSE OF IT.
Several years ago children were playing in playgrounds(,) but this has changed now.
They are spending much of their free time on computers.
People liked to eat out before(,) but now they enjoy the luxury of takeaways(,) and order food TO EAT at home.

These days the activities of leisure times are far DIFFERENT FROM the activities in the past. Likewise, more new and exciting things to do will be introduced in the future.

I liked it. 8/10

Kitos.

Thanks for the correction, it is very constructive for my writing skills… btw I erased the commas on purpose to see how many are actually right turns out a lot of them were hehe …i think u are getting what i m trying to say…

OK. :-))))