Leisure time and activities that improve your mind

Some people think that it is important to use leisure time for activities that improve the mind, such as reading and doing word puzzles. Other people feel that it is important to rest the mind during leisure time.

I think that if you have a nice holiday you will work better during work hours. So, I personally prefer to experience new activities on holidays and I do not want to stay at home and read a book or do word puzzles.

To beging, our minds need to rest after work. Nowadays that technological improvements changed our lifestyles, people do not have enough time for reading books or doing word puzzeles. After work hours, they need to rest enough to have enough energy for going to work next day. For instance, I usually work 9 hours a day. therefore, when I arrive home, I do not have enough energy to do any thing. I usually eat dinner with my wife and then I watch a movie with her.

Forthermore, nowadays people usually fill their free times via their cellphones. They prefer to spend their times using different new applications such as Instagram, Whats up or Telegram. Activities like this is so attractive but it always do not improve our minds .Using these applications, we just share our photos or copy and paste texts from one channel or group to another one. For example, lots of my colleages use these applications even at office. Some of them even play strategic games during work hours via their cellphones. I do not think that these acivities improve their minds.

To sum up, I think technological improvements have brought new electronoic devices such as cellphones to our lives and more times using these devices prohibit us to improve our minds.

TOEFL listening discussions: How is the young woman financing her education?

Hi Mahdi, could you include the actual prompt you are responding to in your essay?
I am not sure if they are talking about what you like to do on holidays or what you like to do in your free time. Please let me know and then I can finish my comments.

Hi Mahdi, could you include the actual prompt you are responding to in your essay?
I am not sure if they are talking about what you like to do on holidays or what you like to do in your free time. Please let me know and then I can finish my comments.