leave a message the next time?

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #587 [color=blue]“Telecommunications (1)”, question 10

Why didn’t you me message? I didn’t even know that you called. Please do that the next you call so that I don’t miss any urgent matters.

(a) leave
(b) miss
(c) turn
(d) call

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #587 [color=blue]“Telecommunications (1)”, answer 10

Why didn’t you leave me message? I didn’t even know that you called. Please do that the next you call so that I don’t miss any urgent matters.

Correct answer: (a) leave

Your answer was: [color=green]correct
[size=200]_________________________[/size]

I think there are 2 words missing in this question:

Why didn’t you leave me a message? I didn’t even know that you called. Please do that the next time you call so that I don’t miss any urgent matters.

You are right. Thank you very much for pointing this out. We’ll make the corrections soon.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: What aspect of Ben Franklin’s life does the speaker mainly discuss?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Sorry, but this “a” still isn’t at its place:

Why didn’t you a leave me message?

You are right that it’s not there Vermilion, but you are putting it in the wrong place.

Why didn’t you leave me a message?

I just copied the phrase as it was in the test at that time to point out a mistake. Baubau had already written the right version, so I saw no reason to repeat it. But thank you all the same.

The phrase as it was in the test at the time appears in post #1. The ‘a’ is missing, rather than in the wrong place. Still, no matter.

Sorry, I’m a bore, I know. But:

And:

My apologies. I looked at message 1 rather than the test itself.