Learning alone or with a teacher

Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher. Others think that it is always better to have a teacher. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons to develop your essay.

Nowadays people are obsessed with gaining success. First of all, they want to achieve financial goals, such as running a company, good career etc. Traditionally, education is the most useful “tool” in gaining such ambicious goals. There are different approaches to getting education: independent learning or learning with a teacher. For me there are strong reasons to study independently.

First, when I study by myself I obtain some additional skills which will be of great help for me in the future. I will obtain the skill of independent learning. This is very important today, because sometimes we don’t have an inteligent person to seek advice. Besides, learning alone will improve my skills in finding necessary information in many sources: books, articles, internet forums etc. For example, the most successful stock traders in the world find all necessary information by themselves in Internet forums. Moreover, learning independently I will improve my skill of assessing my work. There is a proverb that “when you always make wrong things, you alway get bad result”. If I’ll be able to adequately assess my results, I will be able to correct my action to achieve my goal.

Second, studying alone is convenient. I don’t need to find a teacher. Sometimes it takes ages to find a good tutor. Besides, if I study independently, I don’t need to communicate my schedule with the schedule of a teacher. This is especially important for me, because I work a lot, and I cannot afford to find much free time. Also, when I study by myself, I don’t need to go somewhere, e.g. to a teaching office or auniversity. Everything I need is at home. In most cases, the Internet is more than enough for independent learning.

Finally, studying alone is cheap. Prices for instruction with a tutor are rather high. Not everyone can afford paying for teaching, espacially when you need individual instruction. Besides, if I need to attain deeper knowledge, I might want to go to university, to get knowledge from the best professors. But the prices at good univrsities are astronomical. Only the rich can study there. Also, if I study at home, I don’t need to waste my time and money for my way from home (or office) to the place of instruction. This could be a real problem if I wanted to study each day.

To conclude, I strongly believe that it’s better to study alone, than with a teacher. In this case I cane attain some extra skills, make my life more comfortable and save some funds.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why does the student visit the registrar’s office?

Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher. Others think that it is always better to have a teacher. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons to develop your essay.

Nowadays people are obsessed with gaining success. First of all, they want to achieve financial goals, such as running a company, HAVE A good career etc. Traditionally, education is the most useful “tool” in gaining such AMBITIOUS goals. There are different approaches to OBTAINING education: independent learning or learning with a teacher. For me there are strong reasons to study independently.

First, when I study by myself I obtain some additional skills which will be of great help for me in the future. I will obtain the skill of independent learning. This is very important today, because sometimes we don’t have an intelLigent person to seek advice FROM. Besides, l Learning alone will improve my skills in finding necessary information FROM many sources: books, articles, (I)nternet forums etc. For example, the most successful stock traders in the world find all necessary information by themselves in Internet forums. Moreover, learning independently I will improve my skill of assessing my work. There is a proverb that “when you always make wrong things, you alwayS get bad resultS”. If I’ll be I BECOME able to adequately assess my OWN results, I will be able to CONTROL my actionS to achieve my goal.

Second, studying alone is convenient. I don’t need to find a teacher. Sometimes it takes ages to find a good tutor. Besides, i If I study independently, I don’t need to SYNCHRONISE my schedule with the schedule of a teacher. This is especially important for me, because I work a lot, and I cannot afford to find much free time. Also, when I study by myself, I don’t need to go somewhere, e.g. to a teaching office or a university. Everything I need is at home. In most cases, the Internet is more than enough for independent learning.

Finally, studying alone is cheap. Prices for instruction with a tutor are rather high. Not everyone can afford paying for teaching, espEcially when you need individual instruction. Besides, If I need to attain deeper knowledge, I might want to go to university to get knowledge from the best professors(,) but the prices at good univErsities are astronomical. Only the rich can study there. Also, i If I study at home, I don’t need to waste my time and money for my way IN TRAVELLING from home (or office) to the place of instruction. This could be a real problem if I wanted to study each day.

To conclude, I strongly believe that it’s better to study alone, RATHER than with a teacher. In this case I CAN attain some extra skills, make my life more comfortable, and save some funds.

A good sensible essay Dmitriybch. I liked it.

Kitos. 8/10

Thanks a lot, Kitos.

Some questions:

• Why have you removed my transitional words, i.e. “besides”, “also”?
  • Why “obtaining education” is better than “getting education”?

Hello Dmitriybch. If you were to again read the sentence aloud, you will notice that the removal of these superfluous words makes not one iota of difference to your meaning.

Getting, obtaining, acquiring, all have the same implication. That of receiving in one form or another. I hate “get & got,” so I instinctively replaced it.

You are free to ignore any of my suggested alternative words my friend.