Lay off

Dear to whom may it concern,
One of the definitions of ‘lay off’ is discharge unneeded workers temporarily and also make redundant.Does ‘make redundant mean discharge? Would you please explain it to me?
With the best regard
Mitra584

redundant - deprived of one’s job because it is no longer necessary for efficient operation: ‘He has been made redundant’.

In simplistic terms:
Discharge temporarily - tell them they are not required for work at that moment and should seek work elsewhere. However, there is a chance that when the market picks up they will be able to offer them employment again if they wish to take it.
Make redundant - tell them they are not required permanently; terminate their position. (There may be a one-off lump sum paid to ease the parting)

'Lay off/discharge = end their employment because there is not enough work for them to do.

Dear teachers,
Thank you very much indeed.
Sincerely yours
Mitra

This one off sum is called severance package, right?

Very often, yes, Tort.

Dear beeesneees,
I don’t understand the exact mean of my friend ‘Tort’ .Is His/her point of Severance package is Severance pay?
Sincerely yours
Mitra

severance pay / severance package is similar.
Sometimes a ‘package’ can contain more than just a payment though. For example, it might be a payment plus an additional 6-months health insurance.

Thought ‘lay off’ was just for letting go people on permanent basis, merely.

Then layoff would mean also to let go for a little while too … if clashes occur or business starts to fizzle…