I've seen four electric cars within 24 hours

Last weekend I saw 4 different EVs (electric vehicles) in and around Leipzig which leads me believe that in two to three years EVs will be just as common a sight as any other car. While the vast majority of people is still very sceptical to say the least towards EVs, a growing number of progressive and consumers are buying and driven electric cars such the Tesla model 3 or model X, the Nissan Leaf, the Jaguar I-Pace, the BMW i3 or any other of the 100 or so EV models already on the market today.

2 Likes

Nowadays I can’t imagine EVs on the streets in Volgograd.
Maybe because gas is cheaper in Russia than n in Europe.

2 Likes

So you don’t consider Russia as a part of Europe :-)?

Geographicaly Russia is located in Europe and Asia. I’ve used “Europe” to make the sentence shorter).
And I don’t know about the gas prices in Asian countries.

2 Likes

Here is just another piece of evidence that Germany is on its road to e-mobility…

2 Likes

I saw an electric car today! One in a month.
Not because there aren’t, but … how can I know which is which, as long as they run one after anotherand I don’t have time to look at them?
Besides, I don’t know where to look… to be honest :blush:
At least this one was not running:

2 Likes

I saw an ebike last evening in Leipzig
I googled this brand: it’s Chinese and they sell it in Europe too.

2 Likes

Also interesting is Russian language has some Sanskrit words.
Personally I feel Russians and Indians have same origins(maybe thousands of years ago).
Yes, this is personal feeling/wish and not based on Evidence.

3 Likes

The Super SOCO is a light-weight electric motorcycle manufactured by Horwin, a Chinese company that specializes in electric two wheel vehicles.

2 Likes

I saw two hybrids yesterday: Toyota C-HR. One of them in the taxi station just around the corner of my street, because it was a taxi. The other one was parked across the street from my block.
I don’t know how I noticed them, as I’m not a car-fun or a car-user, but maybe because of its shape which is new and attractive. It appears to me as a smart car, combining the conventional and electric cars technology, with low essence consumption and low CO2 emission and it doesn’t need any charging from electricity sources, as the battery recharges while driving by means of the conventional engine. At least this is what I read when I googled it. Were it so indeed?
They also say it’s extremely silent when used the electric way, so you can’t hear any sound.
I must use that taxi and see it for myself.

3 Likes

In early 2017 I took a Prius Toyota for a test drive. It’s a hybrid whose electric motor is charged by its petrol engine (as opposed to a so called 'plug-in hybrid whose electric motor is charged by an external source) consuming about 3 liters per 100km on average which is absolutely amazing. I suppose that the latest version of hybrids by Toyota are now even more efficient.

By the way, where do you think I’ve just shot this photo?

2 Likes