It's killing me: I have never taken the SAT before and for some reason...

I have never taken the SAT before and for some reason i know i won’t even get a score over 500. I reAlly need a good advice to lift my hopes up about this horrible test. I only want one thing and that is to get accepted to the university of san diego. I bought a good preparations book and hopefully it’ll help me. Any advice? :slight_smile:

Hi Dream Chaser,

I quite like your name and your mindset! As with all goals you want to achieve, it’s important to know how you will get where you want to go. You know it’ll be ‘horrible’ and that your benchmark is 500, but that doesn’t say much.

Where do you see your weaknesses? What can you do to eliminate them? And what do you need to invest to go about it?

At the end of the day, it’s all about time and discipline. You could, for example, start a learner’s diary in which you write down your goals and activities you do in order to improve your English skills. You can either create a schedule or simply write down what you did on a given day. It’s important to trick yourself into investing time in your goals. The learner’s diary will help you establish good learning habits, and this is very important.

If you do something for your big goal every day, reaching 500 points in a terrible exam will probably not be that big a problem :smiley:

I can’t ask for a better response :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot :smiley:

Hi Dream Chaser,

It was my pleasure. If you have any questions regarding your preparations or learner’s diary, please let me know!

Take care,

Ralf