It is not realistic for people to expect to work at the same company

Good morning, Kitos! Thank you for taking a look at my essey.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
It is not realistic for people to expect to work at the same company or for the same employer all of their life.

Nowadays it has become a heated topic whether or not it is feasible for employees to work for the same corporation through their entire life. Different people have different opinions towards this controversy. Some claim that it’s inconceivable that companies expect that from employees. From my prospective, it’s realistic that an employee merely works for one employer in the whole life. There are several reasons to support my standpoint, and here I want to put forward some of the most important ones.

In the first place, it’s the only way that companies succeed in getting their own typical employees. Comparing with people who carry on jumping in different enterprises, those people, who begin working for the same company from their graduation, don’t have any established work patterns due to the previous job, which is of great benefit to the company. The company can train them easily to match the particular requirement of the business completely. As we know, each company has its own featured running rules and regulations. The old habits, developed in previous job, will be brought into the new company, which unavoidably come to conflict with the new policy from time to time.

In addition, as for employees, it is steadier to stay in the same company throughout the whole lives. Firstly, People can settle down at a neighborhood with their family since it isn’t necessary to move between different companies. The importance of stability to families can never be exaggerated. Children can grow in a stable environment. That means a lot to children’s healthy growing. Moreover, family members are more likely to develop a deep friendship with neighbors. That is of considerable importance to people. When we are in the need of help, neighbors are always first ones we can turn to from just a cup of sugar to even emergencies. Secondly, there is no need for people to worry about job hunting any more. They can focus on their job whole-heartedly, and put more energy in their work since the benefits of company are bond with them tightly. For example, in Japan, the majority of employees work for the corporation from the day they enter the companies, and never leave. That not only benefits themselves, but also companies.

Last but not the least, employees can get more opportunities to make success in their career if they work for a company in entire life. It’s probably a small company when they participate in them. There are not many talented people in the enterprise. Hence, they could have more opportunities to practice. After five or ten years goes by, they may become amazingly important roles in the company. In contrast, if they go into a bigger company at the beginning, they can obtain another better position later in the company easier than the side people because for their network.

However, people are capable of gaining more experience, and enrich their career lives if they keep on jumping from one company to another. These little benefits can be overlooked, comparing with the advantages of staying with one company all along. Therefore, as I see it, it is practical for people merely work for one employer throughout the whole life. It is of remarkable value to both companies and employees.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why is the student talking to the advisor?

Thanks a lot, Kitos.

How exactly does this relate to the conversation at hand?