It is not a good idea to move to new cities and countries

Good afternoon. kitos. Please correct this essay.

Do your agree or disagree with the statement? It is not a good idea to move to new cities and countries because people will lose their friends.

With the rapid development of technologies, the process of globalization is progressed quickly. Therefore, people are more likely to move to another city or country for various reasons. Due to this, there is a controversy over whether it is not a good idea to move to other places because you will lose your current friends. The answers vary from one person to another. From my point of view, I strongly disagree with this statement. My reasons and examples listed below will strengthen my point.

To begin with, under the background of global unity, people are more likely to move to other places. However, this doesn’t mean people will lose their friends since the technologies highly developed. Nowadays, people are able to keep in touch with friends by numerous ways, like telephone, E-mail, online chatting and so on. Even though one person can’t live in the same city with his friends, they can still maintain their relationships. For example, my family was moved from Hengyang to Changsha several years ago because my parents were assigned to work in Changsha. However, I can still keep the relationships with my old friends in Hengyang by chatting on line; we can even see each other often by video meeting. In addition, since the transportation system has expanded quickly, it is very convenient for me to take a trip to visit them and have some little get-togethers now and then.

Besides, moving to different places will broaden our horizons, which is very significant to our future development. We can travel to a lot of countries and cities and visit many famous places, such as Statue of Liberty in America, Pyramids in Egypt, Eiffel Tower in France. This can help us improve a better understanding of various customs, histories, religions and other parts of cultures. Thus, we will be more optimistic and active. To put this point in an actual context, my uncle used to be very shy and infirm of purpose when he was young; however, he became much more confident and positive after he finished his undergraduate program abroad. He always says that it is his four-year campus life abroad that changed his way of looking at life.

Admittedly, even though technologies allow people associate with old friends at a distance, it does have some disadvantages for people. For instance, friends live in different cities will lack of face to face communication, which may lead to misunderstandings and disagreements. However, I insist that it is not bad to move to other places due to the enormous benefits it will bring about.

In conclusion, people move to new cities and countries shouldn’t worry about losing their friends, for the simple reason that the technology advancements will guarantee their relationships and the benefits their move bring about.

Thanks for your rating.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two university instructors

Good afternoon. kitos. Please correct this essay.

Do your agree or disagree with the statement? It is not a good idea to move to new cities and countries because people will lose their friends.

With the rapid development of technologies, the process of globalization is progressing quickly. Therefore, people are more likely to move to another city or country for various reasons. Due to this, there is a controversy over whether it is a good idea or not to move to other places because you will lose your current friends. The answers vary from one person to another. From my point of view, I strongly disagree with this statement. My reasons and examples listed below will strengthen my point.

To begin with, under the background of global unity, people are more likely to move to other places. However, this doesn’t mean people will lose their friends, since the technologies in most countries today is highly developed. Nowadays, people are able to keep in touch with friends in numerous ways, like the telephone, E-mail, on-line chatting and so on. Even though a person no longer lives in the same city as his friends, they can still maintain their relationships. For example, my family was moved from Hengyang to Changsha several years ago, because my parents were assigned to work in Changsha. However, I can still keep the relationships with my old friends in Hengyang by chatting on line; we can even see each other very often by video meeting. In addition, since the transportation system has also expanded quickly, it is very convenient for me to take a trip to visit them and have some little get-togethers now and then.

Besides, moving to different places will broaden our horizons, which is very significant to our future development. We can travel to a lot of countries and cities and visit many famous places, such as the Statue of Liberty in America, the Pyramids in Egypt, or the Eiffel Tower in France. This can help us improve a better understanding of various customs, histories, religions and other cultures. Thus, we will be more optimistic and active. To put this point in an actual context, my uncle used to be very shy and infirm of purpose when he was young; however, he became much more confident and positive after he finished his undergraduate program abroad. He always says that it is his four-year campus life abroad that changed his way of looking at life.

Admittedly, even though technologies allow people to connect with old friends at a distance, it does have some disadvantages for people. For instance, friends who live in different cities will lack face to face communication, which may lead to misunderstandings and disagreements. However, I insist that it is not bad to move to other places due to the enormous benefits it will bring about.

In conclusion, people who move to new cities and countries shouldn’t worry about losing their friends, for the simple reason that the technological advancements will guarantee their continuing relationships and the benefits their move brings about.

You continue to improve Drofish.

Kitos. 8.5/10