It has recently been announced that a new restaurant may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan Why Use specific reasons and details to support your answer

Building a new restaurant in my neighborhood means it offer the customers more food option and more job opportunities for the local. However, it also bring about some disadvantages, which outweigh its benefits much more.

Firstly, a new restaurant would make noises that disturb the sleep quality of people. I live in a rural and quiet area and everyone is used to sleeping early at night. If the restaurant is build, it will unavoidably make noises. The customers in the restaurant will talk loudly and machines in the kitchen will work out loudly, which makes people with shallow sleep easy to wake up and hard to go into the dream again. Besides, I have to wake up around six o’clock and go to the workplace. If I can not have a good sleep, the working sufficiency will decline a lot.

In addition, the restaurant will emit smoke and waste that influence the environment. Not all of restaurant are willing to pay extra expense to install tubes the can purify the bad air before emitted out. Hence, most of restaurant will directly spread out the smoke and bad air, which dramatically cause threats to the local’s health and accelerate the greenhouse effect. Also, the restaurant has a huge demand for water to clean the vegetables, meats, plates. Once, the waste water flows in the ditch and then pollutes the groundwater or river in this area. It will poison not only the people but also the wild animals.

Last, the restaurant will cause messy traffic. Traffic congestion is already a problem in my neighborhood and the new restaurant would add to the problem. They would occupied the parking spaces, making it harder for the residents. Moreover, when the drive could not find a public parking lots, they would park on the road that they think it wound not block others or stop at the front door of inhabitants for the temporary leave. These would decrease the conveniency in my neighborhood.

In summary, a new restaurant could upset the quiet lifestyle of my neighborhood. It would also cause environmental pollution and make the traffic stuffed.

1 Like

Building a new restaurant in my neighbourhood means that it will provide more food options for customers and more employment opportunities for locals. However, it also comes with some disadvantages that far outweigh the advantages.

First, a new restaurant would create noise that would disturb people’s quality of sleep. I live in a rural and quiet area, and everyone is used to sleeping early at night. When the restaurant is built, it will inevitably cause noise. Diners in the restaurant will talk loudly, and the machines in the kitchen will work loudly, so people with shallow sleep will wake up easily and find it difficult to go back to dreaming. Besides, I have to get up at six o’clock and go to the workplace. If I don’t get a good night’s sleep, my work performance will decrease a lot.

Besides, the restaurant will emit smoke and waste that will pollute the environment. Not all restaurants are willing to pay extra to install tubes that can clean the bad air before it escapes. Therefore, most restaurants will emit the smoke and bad air directly, which significantly endangers the health of local residents and accelerates the greenhouse effect. In addition, the restaurant has a huge water demand to clean the vegetables, meat and plates. The wastewater then flows into the ditch and pollutes the groundwater or river in the area. This not only poisons the people but also the wildlife.

And finally, the restaurant will cause traffic chaos. Traffic congestion is already a problem in my neighbourhood, and the new restaurant would exacerbate the problem. They would take up parking spaces and make it even harder for residents. Also, if they can’t find a public parking space, they would park on the street they think won’t impede others, or stop at residents’ front doors to leave temporarily. This would reduce convenience in my neighbourhood.

In summary, a new restaurant could disrupt the quiet lifestyle in my neighbourhood. It would also pollute the environment and clog traffic.

Thank you for your reply~ I have learned new vocabularies " clog" and" exacerbate" :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

You mean ‘new words’. The noun ‘vocabulary’ is usually uncountable and refers to the body of words used in a particular language.

1 Like

It’s clear to me now. Thank you so much :v:

1 Like