It has recently been announced that a large shopping center may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer

When I heard the news that a huge shopping mall is to be built in my neighborhood, I was intrigued, looking at how this idea is going to revolutionize my neighborhood, the idea is a welcomed one and in the following passage, I am going to tell you why!
Folks in my neighborhood for years now have been traveling not less than 600 miles to the nearby cities for groceries and stuff they need which I am also one of them. The idea of building this huge shopping mall in my neighborhood will save us the moxie that we need to commute to the cities, and at same time be more beneficial for the folks in my neighborhood.
Firstly, this idea is going to create job opportunities for the people in my community, right from the time when this project is to be commissioned to the point when all things will set in place into operation. Many youths in my community are going to be more beneficial because most of the job opportunities are going to made available for them.
Another, interesting point of this idea is that the cost of these groceries will reduce, calculating the cost, the risk, and time it takes one to travel to the city for these items, will now be less risks, stress, and even cheaper for my community members. Some of the old people in my neighborhood who can walk by themselves using sticks or stuff like that will find it easy to walk a few miles to get what they need. This idea will also attract tourism to my neighborhood and at the same more investors will buy the same idea to develop my community in other areas.
On the other hand, this idea also has some negative effects on my community. One of the negative effects I can attest to is that many of my people will lose their lands for this development. Already my neighborhood is one of the best communities where one can have fresh air and stuff like that, this idea is going to affect the fresh air that my community usually enjoys.
Looking at the whole scenario, this idea is more positive than its negativity. There is no way that any member in my neighborhood including me will reprobate this wonderful revolutionariness that has been proposed to be built in my neighborhood. Time will be saved traveling to the nearby cities for groceries, employment opportunities will be created for my people and more business-like will be attracted as well.

1 Like

Please find an amended version of your essay below.

When I heard the news that a huge shopping mall is going to be built in my neighborhood, I was intrigued because this idea is going to revolutionize my neighborhood. The idea is very welcome and in the following section I will tell you why!

People in my neighborhood have been driving no less than 600 miles to nearby cities for years to get groceries and other things they need, and I am one of them. The idea of building this huge mall in my neighborhood will save us the hassle of commuting to the cities, and at the same time will be beneficial to the people in my neighborhood.

First, this idea will create job opportunities for people in my community from the time this project comes on line to the point where everything is up and running. Many youth in my community will benefit because most of the job opportunities will be available for them.
Another interesting point of this idea is that the cost of these groceries will go down because the cost, risk, and time it takes to drive to town for these items will now be less risky, stressful, and even cheaper for my community members.

Some of the elderly in my neighborhood who can walk themselves with canes or the like will find it easy to walk a few miles to get what they need. This idea will also attract tourism to my neighborhood and at the same time more investors will buy the same idea to develop my community in other areas.
On the other hand, this idea also has some negative effects on my community. One of the negative effects that I can confirm is that many of my people will lose their land for this development. Already my neighborhood is one of the best communities to have fresh air and things like that, this idea will affect the fresh air that my community usually enjoys.

When you look at the whole scenario, this idea is more positive than it is negative. There is no way that any member in my neighborhood, including myself, will reject this wonderful revolutionary project that has been proposed to be built in my neighborhood. It will save time to travel to nearby cities to buy groceries, it will create employment opportunities for my people, and it will also attract more business people.

Hi Andrea, do you have a few minutes for a quick chat tomorrow? What time will work best for you?