Issue: Employer should consider candidate performance in business course only?

Oh my god, I find myself exhauted after finishing this essay. I though that writing is one of my best but now it is not. Maybe because I did not practise it as often as when I prepare for my Toeft test. Now I can not pull out any word to express my idea, and I even do not have any idea at all. It takes me more than one hours for this. Please help me rate my essay. I really hope that it is not too bad

Question:
Some employers who recruit recent college graduates for entry-level jobs evaluate applicants only on their performance in business courses such as accounting, marketing, and economics. However, other employers also expect applicants to have a broad background in such courses as history, literature, and philosophy.
Do you think that, in the application process, employers should emphasize one type of background — either specialization in business courses or a more varied academic preparation — over the other? Why or why not? Develop your position by using reasons and/or examples from your own experience, observations, or reading

Answer:

Some employers, when evaluate applicants who have recently graduated, only look at the applicant’s performance in business courses such as accounting, marketing and economic. I totally disagree with this way of assessing applicant for some reasons: besides knowledge of business, an employee needs many more other kinds of knowledge such as literal and social knowledge to do a good job; moreover, a broad background also helps an employee to adapt quickly with the job requirement in many areas.

Some people think that when you work in business area, all you need is economic, marketing or accounting knowledge. This argument in most case dose not work. Working environment requires communication skill since you have to interact with your colleague everyday; analyzing skill since you may have to make decision very often; psychological knowledge since you may have to meet and convince the client in your work. Clearly that business knowledge alone can not help employees succeed in their job. So business course should not be the only consideration factor when employer making decision in hiding someone.

There is another important reason explaining why college keeps giving their students a variety of academic course: a good background on diverse area is the best preparation that college graduates can have to develop their career. In a society where everything changes every second, academic knowledge is not enough, people have to learn by their self so that they will not be left behind with new technology or new information. The general knowledge that courses as history, literature and philosophy provide will support people in learning new things, making the learning progress easier. This proves that the employer should look at the applicant who has a broad background if they want to find a potential worker since this kind of people not only can meet the current job’s requirement, but also can fulfill the further requirement of job

In conclusion, I think good employee is someone who not only has expertise on his/her , but also has basic knowledge in other area. The diversity of knowledge will help him/her to do their job better and learn new things easier. That is why employer should not only emphasize one type of background when considering candidates for employment.

TOEFL listening lectures: In October of which year did Vaudeville officially appear?

Oh my god, I find myself exhauted after finishing this essay. I though that writing is one of my best but now it is not. Maybe because I did not practise it as often as when I prepare for my Toeft test. Now I can not pull out any word to express my idea, and I even do not have any idea at all. It takes me more than one hours for this. Please help me rate my essay. I really hope that it is not too bad

Question:
Some employers who recruit recent college graduates for entry-level jobs evaluate applicants only on their performance in business courses such as accounting, marketing, and economics. However, other employers also expect applicants to have a broad background in such courses as history, literature, and philosophy.
Do you think that, in the application process, employers should emphasize one type of background — either specialization in business courses or a more varied academic preparation — over the other? Why or why not? Develop your position by using reasons and/or examples from your own experience, observations, or reading

Answer:

Some employers, when evaluatING applicants who have recently graduated, only look at the applicant’s performance in business courses such as accounting, marketing and economic. I totally disagree with this way of assessing applicant for some reasons: Besides A knowledge of business, an employee needs many more other kinds of knowledge such as literal and social knowledge to do a good job; moreover, a broad background also helps an employee to adapt quickly with the job requirement in many areas.

Some people think that when you work in A business area, all you need is economic, marketing or accounting knowledge. This argument in most caseS DOES not work. Working environment requires communicationAL skillS since you have to interact with your colleagueS everyday; analyzing skillS since you may have to make A decision very often; psychological knowledge since you may have to meet and convince the client in your work. Clearly IT IS CLEAR that business knowledge alone cannot help employees succeed in their jobS. Business course should not be the only consideration factor THAT EMPLOYERS USE when employer making A decision in hiRing someone.

There is another important reason explaining why college keeps giving their students a variety of academic courseS: a good background IN diverse areaS is the best preparation that college graduates can have to develop their careerS. In a society where everything changes every second, academic knowledge is not enough, people have to learn by THEMSELVES so that they will not be left behind with new technology or new information. The general knowledge that courses SUCH as history, literature and philosophy provide will support people in learning new things, making the learning progress easier. This proves that the employer should look at the applicant who has a broad background if they want to find a potential worker, since THESE kindS of people not only can meet the current job’s requirement, but also can fulfil the further requirement of job

In conclusion, I think A good employee is someone who not only has expertise on his/her SIDE, but also has basic knowledge in other areaS. The diversity of knowledge will help him/her to do their job better and learn new things easier. That is why AN employer should not only emphasize one type of background when considering candidates for employment.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Not bad BS.

Kitos. 7.5/10

Thanks, Kitos.
But still sad, I’ve never got 7.5 before. I’ll try harder, I’ll get better next time :-), promise