is s/es used after make/will?

which one is correct? to make it feels good or to make it feel good and the water will flow or the water will flows

To make it feel good
The water will flow

Hi Fayla,

You have to remember that after ‘will’ and ‘shall’ you have to use the infinitive of the following verb. ‘Make’ is followed by an object and that is followed by an infinitive: The thought of the money he would earn made him work harder.

Alan

Is it just correct, if i say
“The thought of the money that he would earn made him work harder”?

Hello Bergdeutscher,

me as a “Lowland Tirolese” would say ,at least, it´s not wrong to add the “that” but unusal. To native English it sounded more natural to omit the conjunction here.

Btw, every Saturday morning there are 5 sequels of basic English shown on BRalpha, where the moderator Graham Pascoe clarifies such issues. Looks a tad old-fashioned but pretty informative and to me it is a quite pleasant way of improving my skills (grammar mainly).

Sometimes i don’t know, how to put words in english sentences.
Oh, i know Tirol, as a country and as a english learner.
Thank you, Foah.

Hi Alan,

(from long man dictionary,serial no:2, 5th example, ldoceonline.com/dictionary/make_1 )

He made no attempt to apologize.
Here make+object+to+infinitive is used. why?

Thank you

Hi David,

Good point. Here the ‘object’ isn’t doing the apologising. The infinitive is the object of ‘no attempt’. Look at this: He made me/the officer/the child apologise. He made an apology. He made no attempt to apologise. I hope it is clear that when the infinitive after ‘make’ refers back to the object actually being made to carry out the action, there is no preposition ‘to’.

Alan

Alan, thank you very much.