Is it possible to bring extinct species back to life?

Did you know that more than 5 billion species have lived on our planet so far? And did you also know that more than 99% of those species have vanished? That’s right, almost all the living creatures that ever populated the earth have gone extinct. Now, the most frightening part is that the remaining 1% of our species are being systematically wiped out by our way of life but that’s another (albeit very sad and alarming story). So, scientists have tried to bring some of the extinct species back to life and Claire and Sean have created a reading comprehension exercise that deals with this very issue. Find out if and how it’s possible to ‘de-extinct’ some of our fellow inhabitants.


What an incredible item of information!

1 Like