Is it OK?

“” We went halfway up the mountainous, chilly, popular destination “Vedetar” on our new scooter early hours of this evening. We enjoyed ourselves very much on the way to and back. We took pictures and enjoyed watching the scenic view of Dharan. “”

Thanks

Hi, Noren.
How are you?

“We went … on our new scooter in the early hours of this evening. We enjoyed ourselves very much on the way there and back. We took pictures and enjoyed looking at the scenic view of Dharan.”

The wording of the missing part depends on what Vedetar is, which I have been unable to establish clearly. Is it a town? A region? A mountain?

“watching” is used for things that you are expecting to move/change.

I am doing fine. What about you?

Thank you very much for your help. And I expect to have more help from you in the future.

PS: Are the sentences above grammatical?

" I checked out from the Aso lodge this evening and started staying in the rooms as a renter in one of the houses nearby the Fusion club."
“I found a room to rent and started staying here from this day onward.”
Are these okay?
Thanks.

" I checked out from the Aso lodge this evening and started renting rooms in one of the houses near the Fusion club."
“I found a room to rent and started staying here on XXX.”

I am quite good! :slight_smile:

But this is my version of your nice article.

I checked out from the Also lodge this evening and started staying in one of the rooms as a tenant in one of the houses nearby the Fusion club.

Thanks.

That’s not correct because you have used ‘nearby’ instead of ‘near’.
It is not well written because of the repeated ‘in one of the’ pattern.

Thanks a lot lot Beeees for your assistance.
By the way, is it okay to say " I found a couple of rooms to rent and started staying there from this day on."

Hi, Beees an old book I posses has the use of NEARBY in a similar context.
:slight_smile:

“Similar” does not mean “same”.

Hello Beees,
Which one is better?
a. I talked to my mom (UK) on the phone. I listened to her more this time.
b. I talked to my mom (UK) on the phone. I listened more to her this time.

Thanks

‘mom’ is not a UK term.

Either works. I’d prefer b.

Thanks a lot for your help. Actually, I meant to say “my mom in the UK”.

You are right Beees.:slight_smile:

Respected Beees,
Is this post okay?

((I completely downloaded the updates for this device via WiFi network provided by XYZ. I also installed numerous, must-have apps. It took more than two hours to complete the task. The Wi-Fi network was very fast, it’s my first time that I had used WiFi network. ))

Many thanks.

ps: Device = Samsung Tab.

I downloaded the updates for this device via the WiFi network provided by XYZ. I also installed numerous, must-have apps. It took no more than two hours to complete the task, the Wi-Fi network was very fast. It’s the first time that I had used a WiFi network.

It took more than 2 hours - would be an indication that you felt the service was slow, not fast.

Thank you very much for your help and the advice.