Introduce myself: I'm Ha Linh Pham...

Hi everyone

I’m Ha Linh PHAM.

I’m from Viet Nam, a country with many natural beautiful places.

However, I’m living in Bangkok, Thailand, now.

I’m interested in learning English because I want to work in oversea.

I’m married and live with my family in Bangkok.

So, welcome everybody wants to talk English, I will return soon…

Hi,

Nice to meet you here. Hope that you will like the forum because you can practise your English a lot here, as well as ask questions about English.
What is your homeland, I mean your province in VN? And how long have you been living in Thailand?

I am a native English speaker from the United States and I would like to make a few corrections to your introduction. I mean no disrespect; I’m just trying to help.

You wrote, “I’m interested in learning English because I want to work in oversea.”
It should read, “I’m interested in learning English because I want to work overseas.”
You do not need to use the word, “in” and only the plural form “overseas” is used.

You wrote, “So, welcome everybody wants to talk English, I will return soon…”
It should read, “So, welcome to everybody who wants to speak English, I will return soon…”
I know this is confusing because I just told you not to use the preposition “in” in the previous sentence. In this sentence it is correct to say, “to everybody”. As for the word, “talk”, if you look in a dictionary it will mean the same as, “speak”. “Speak” is almost always preferred when writing; it makes your writing seem more intelligent. “Talk” is a casual word, usually reserved for speaking only.

This is probably more information than you wanted to know. English is a crazy language and very confusing. You are doing very well.

Dear GreatSwine,

Welcome to english-test.net and many thanks for helping our users improve their English. I look forward to your next messages and if you like, you can tell us a little bit more about yourself. For example, where do you live and what do you do?

Talk to you soon,
Torsten
PS: English is indeed a crazy language and that’s exactly why we love learning and teaching it![YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Investment advice[YSaerTTEW443543]