Intent vs intention

Hi! Explain please the difference between intent and intention.
thank you

Hi again,

How do you always manage to come up with such interesting questions?
The words ‘intent’ (noun) and 'intention have the same meaning, but there is a difference in nuance. “Intention” implies only that you have decided to do something. “Intent” implies a very firm resolve or will to do something. In other words, “intent” is the stronger of the two words when speaking of your future course of action. Also, “intention” is a noun and “intent” acts as either a noun or an adjective.

My intention is to have this project finished by the end of this month. (I hope I do finish by the end of this month!)
My intent was to make the situation better. (I really tried to make it better.)[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: How long will the special promotion last?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Your intent Torsten is very very good. I think so
Bye

i think so too

maybe word “intent” you can use when you think about something to do … and “intention” you can use when you are going to do something … I think so…

I was always curious of why ‘intent’ is used in the title ‘Law & Order: Criminal Intent’, instead of intention. Now I understand the reason. :slight_smile: Thank you for your easy explanation, Torsten!