Instructions: Correct errors with singular nouns, plural nouns, and determiners.

Instructions: Correct errors with singular nouns, plural nouns, and determiners.

1. In 1991, hikers discovered a body in the Alps. At first, the hikers thought that it was the body of someone who had had an accident in the mountains. Using special equipmentscolor=darkred, scientists examined the body and realized that it was a 5,300-year-old mummy. The man, whom archeologists named Oetzi, was found in a valley between thecolor=darkred Austria and Italy. The hikers who found Oetzi think that they received too fewcolor=darkred money as a reward.

2. Although many ancient mummycolor=darkred are found in Egypt and Peru, Oetzi is the oldest mummy in the world. He is now displayed in a[color=darkred](a or the… I think they’re interchangeable here) museum in Bolzano, Italy. Oetzi is surrounded by blocks of icescolor=darkred to preserve his body. The scientists have made several discoveries about him. They know that he died from a wound by an arrow. Oetzi was also carrying muchcolor=darkred tools, including a copper axe, a bow, and several arrows.

Did I miss anything?

I agree with you on all errors and didn’t find any more. I’d say “a museum” is better here: we know nothing about this museum yet from the text, and there may very well be more than one museum in Bolzano, so that the definite article would seem odd to the casual reader.

It makes sense, thanks man.

“They know he died from a wound made by an arrow.”

The use of the word “that” is optional in that sentence – i.e. it is not an error to include it:

• They know (that) he died from a wound made by an arrow.
    [color=darkblue]____________________________
    [size=75]“Growing Old is Mandatory – Growing Up is Optional.” ~ Chili Davis[/size]