Information vs Informations

I thought that ‘information’ is the uncountable noun.
But when I googled, I found that they use ‘informations’ a lot.
Is it that it’s wrong but it’s just used like that or the usage is right?

Thank you in advance for your time. :smiley:

1 Like

Trusting Google implicitly is not a very good idea.

I would also see foods though food is also an uncountable noun. As I know it implies kinds of food, different types of food. It’s much the same way with your word informations, it implies sources of information, types of information…etc

hope this helps

Thank you Milanya and Anna. :slight_smile:

No, ‘informations’ does not have the accepted existence that ‘foods’ does. The Google hits are primarily from non-native sites.

1 Like

So Mr. M, could you please shed some light on those two words e.g what should they be exactly understood

BTW, could you please explain food. Am i right in understanding that it’s types of food and foods is for abbreviation?

Which two words? ‘Informations’ is not acceptable in standard English. ‘Foods’ is mostly used when speaking of nutrition and other topics that specifically discuss the qualities or nature of different foodstuffs. Similar to the use of ‘foods’ is the use of ‘fishes’, which now is a plural used mostly by ichthyologists, oceanographers, and others discussing species of the class Pisces. Neither ‘foods’ nor ‘fishes’ are commonly used by native speakers in general conversation or writing.