Independent essay

Topic:
Some people believe that a college or university education should be available to all students Other believe that higher education should be available only for good students. Discuss these views, which view do you agree with?Explain why.

My response:

Education is a river of knowledge in which students get bath to acquire wisdom. It is not only important for an individual but also for a society or nation. I believe that everyone has right to get education. We go to school or university to get knowledge as well as skills. By going in an university, sometimes students become more bright students.

To start with, everyone has right to get education. We are in free world. We have right to study as much as we want. For example, I am from India. In our country, primary education is free. If one wants to get higher education, he has to sponsor himself. I am not very good student but I like to learn. So I went to university to learn. Although, if students are not interested in studying, it will be wastage of time and money. Still, I strongly feel that all students should go to college.

In addition to one’s right, we go to university to get skills. A university is not only a place to get knowledge but also to enhance skills set. Besides lectures, we learn their essential skills like cooperation, team work and communication. We participate in sports activity and culture programs. These activities help us in learning valuable lessons of life. For instance, I improved my communication skills when I was studying in my university. I had to give presentation in front of my teachers and classmates. I learnt how to work in a team. It helps me in my work life. I have to talk with clients and work in a team in my office.

Along with one’s right and to get skills, sometimes, we get motivation to study. In a college, we meet with many students. By getting company, we start learning things in a better way. We have best professors who know how to teach students. They make classes very interesting by their teaching methods. Sometimes, library and labs make subject very interesting. When I was studying, I met with my best teacher of marketing. Her teaching style was so interesting that sometimes I forgot that I was sitting in a class. In her class, marketing became alive.

To conclude, Higher education is the right of everybody. We do not only go to university or college to study but also to get skills. Sometimes, we get correct stimulation in college which makes us active learner.So one should go college for higher studies.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students at the library

Topic:
Some people believe that a college or university education should be available to all students Other believe that higher education should be available only for good students. Discuss these views, which view do you agree with?Explain why.

My response:

Education is a river of knowledge in which students get bathE to acquire wisdom. It is not only important for an individual but also for a society or nation. I believe that everyone has THE right to get A GOOD education. We go to school or university to get knowledge as well as TO GAIN skills. By going TO university, sometimes students become more brightER.

To start with, everyone has right to AN education. We LIVE in A free world. We have THE right to study as much as we want. For example, I am from India. In our country, primary education is free. If one wants to get higher education, he has to sponsor himself. I am not A very good student but I like to learn. I went to university to learn. If students are not interested in studying, it will be A wastE of time and money. Still, I strongly feel that all students should go to college.

In addition to one’s right, we go to university to ACQUIRE skills. A university is not only a place to GAIN knowledge but also to enhance ONE’S skills. Besides lectures, we learn OTHER essential skills like cooperation, team work and communication. We participate in sports activitIES and culture programs. These activities help us in learning valuable lessons of life. For instance, I improved my communication skills when I was studying in my university. I had to give A presentation in front of my teachers and classmates. I learnt how to work in a team. It helps me in my work life. I have to talk with clients and work in a team in my office.

Along with one’s right TO AN EDUCATION andTHE CHANCE TO ACQUIRE skills, sometimes we get THE motivation to study. In a college, we meet with many students. By MAKING company WITH OTHERS,we start learning things in a better way. We have THE best professors who know how to teach students. They make classes very interesting WITH their teaching methods. Sometimes THE library and labORATORIEs make subjectS very interesting. When I was studying, I met with my best teacher of marketing. Her teaching style was so interesting(,) that sometimes I forgot that I was sitting in a class. In her class, marketing became alive.

To conclude, higher education is the right of everybody. We do not only go to university or college to study but also to get skills. Sometimes, we get correct stimulation in college which makes us active learnerS. One should go college for higher studies.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
You are getting there Lajjagupta, but there is still a way to go .

Kitos. (710

Thank you very much Sir,

I think I have to work more on articles. Could you please tell me the source to improve articles.

To better understand articles read our Home Page.