In twenty years, there will be fewer cars in use than there are today

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In twenty years, there will be fewer cars in use than there are today.

With an appealing of environmental protection and public transportation to be substituted for private cars has been aroused in recent years. Some people hold that there will be fewer cars in use in twenty years because the improvement of public transportation and the advocate of green commuting would contribute to the decline of cars consumption. However, I think that the production of cars will be increased according to the market demand.

One of the arguments that there will be a growth on cars consumption in twenty years mainly rests on the fact that less development countries’ economy has been surge rapidly. Moreover, the increasing incomes of more and more families strengthen the case for the surging of cars consumption. For example, back in 15 years when I was in primary school, most of my classmates’ families and relatives are too poor to purchase a private car. They used to take bus or ride a bike to their destination. Nevertheless, merely in 15 years, a great number of families can afford at least one private car. 90% of my relatives and friends have their own cars. Therefore, I disagree that cars will be lessen in twenty years.

Another reason of why the number of cars in use will be augmented is that the production of electronic cars has been expanding. Furthermore, the electronic cars are more affordable to many people owing to the government advocate of using New Energy Vehicle by introducing a series of preferential policies. To be illustrate, some countries have taxed the use of gasoline and slashed tax on using electronic cars, which makes cars to be more affordable to more people. Hence, I believe that there will be more cars in use than there are today.

Although it is true that a great number of people prefer to take public transportations instead of driving on their own, there are still a large proportion of demands for private cars from most of people. For instance, private cars are necessary for families’ short journey or emergency use. As a result, the number of cars in use will rise in twenty years.

To summary, there will not be fewer cars in use in twenty years because the rise of average incoming and demand of families, and the government’s policy of tax increase on gasoline car and reduction on electronic car. Therefore, I believed that we can see more cars to be used in twenty years.

2 Likes

In recent years, there have been calls for environmental protection and public transportation to replace private cars. Some believe that there will be fewer cars in twenty years because the improvement of public transportation and the advocates of environmentally friendly commuting will contribute to the decrease of car traffic. However, I think car production will increase in line with market demand.

One of the arguments that car consumption will increase in twenty years is mainly based on the fact that the economies of less developed countries are growing rapidly. In addition, the rising income of more and more families argues for an increase in car consumption. For example, when I went to elementary school 15 years ago, most of my classmates’ families and relatives were too poor to buy a private car. They took the bus or rode bicycles to their destinations. But in just 15 years, many families can afford at least one private car. 90% of my relatives and friends have their own car. So I don’t think there will be fewer cars in twenty years.

Another reason why the number of cars will increase is the growing production of electric cars. In addition, electric cars are more affordable for many people because the government is encouraging the use of new energy vehicles by introducing a number of preferential policies. For example, some countries have taxed the consumption of gasoline and reduced taxes for the use of electric cars, making the cars affordable for more people. As a result, I believe more cars will be in use than today.

While many people prefer to use public transportation instead of driving themselves, most people still need a private car. For example, private cars are necessary for short trips by families or for emergencies. As a result, the number of cars used will increase in twenty years.

In summary, there will not be fewer cars in twenty years because average income and family demand are increasing and the government is raising taxes on gasoline cars and lowering those on electric cars. Therefore, I believe we will see more cars in twenty years.

By the way, I hope you are wrong.

2 Likes

Thanks.
When I received this topic, I could only think more arguments to support the idea that there will be more cars in use in twenty years.
I hope I am wrong too.

2 Likes