In today’s world, it is more important to work quickly and risk making mistakes than to work slowly and make sure that everything is correct

The word “work” has born with civilization and how to do it has been the most controversial issue around it. In today’s modern era, there are some opinions that doing works quickly with such mistakes is more acceptable rather than having work done slowly but correctly. In contrast, my confirm opinion is that doing our job at a lower speedy rate but with accuracy have more outweigh beneficial for the two most rational reasons which have been pinpointed in the following passages.
The first significant point to clarify my standpoint is that the amount of time we spend to have work done is critically important. In fact, if we do our job slowly but with accuracy to have no mistake, we can save more time. In other words, doing our works at a speedy rate with plenty of errors is just a waste of time since we have to go over it even sometimes at the beginning. My own experience as an example to opt for this reason is that two years ago I was working at a company as a landscape designer. One time, I tried to do a project quickly to prove myself whereas, due to the large number of errors I had made, I had to do it again that cost me much more time than usual, and could not make the deadline. Had I never hurried at doing the project at a speedy rate, I could have done the project by deadline time and no waste of time.
The second remarkable point to clear cut my outlook is that having done work precisely makes us more trustable in our boss’s eyes and get promotion easier. To be more specific, there is no use in working quickly with lots of errors because we put our trustworthiness in danger. Actually, no one is willing to cooperate with us since, mainly, everyone expects us to have huge mistakes in the work and they cannot trust our work. My coworker, for example, is a man doing jobs quickly but his mistakes made him an untrustworthy person to do specifically such a vital part of works even last year he demoted. If he did not make a huge number of errors in his previous works, he would be a trustable person to have works done by him and get a promotion.
To wrap up what has been discussed, in my point of view working at a lower speed is far better because we will not waste our time through going over and over on mistakes which potentially are unavoidable if we work quickly. Besides, having jobs done precisely for the first time leads to being the one who everyone can count on our work.

3 Likes

Hi and welcome to our forum. I suggest you try to start communicating with other forum members. This thread might be a good place:

2 Likes

please evaluate my essay and point out my mistakes, any feedback would be much appreciated.

2 Likes

You should try to make your sentences shorter and simpler in order to avoid mistakes and confusion. Start with the sentence above. Use only words and phrases you are absolutely comfortable with. Don’t invent your own phrases hoping they will sound natural and authentic because in most cased they don’t.

2 Likes

Hello,
I tried to change some words in order to be more precise and clear. Here is how the first paragraph was developed after “paraphrasing” yours. I am still learning how to put sentences together to create an acceptable essay. I believe that we can become stronger if we help each other. Hope you like it, please let me know any mistakes. I will be looking forward to hearing from you.
Through out modern civilization history, many terms have become more important and have developed differently according to its usage; that is the case of the term “work”. Nowadays, this term has multiple interpretations, some may think that it is more acceptable to perform a faster but inaccurate work than a flawless slow paced work. I strongly believe that precision lower speed work have more benefits and I will demonstrate this statement in the following essay.

2 Likes

Well, what I mean is that you should only use collocations and phrases that actually exist. Don’t create your own collocations. For example, the phrase ‘demonstrate this statement’ doesn’t sound natural because this collocation doesn’t exist so why would you use it? Also, instead of trying to write essays for imaginary examiners you should engage in real discussions and exchange ideas with real people.

1 Like

Thanks, in my mind that phrase did not sound bad, I might be translating it from my first language.
I’d like to know what exactly you mean by “real people” ? I thought this was a real user writing a practice essay, that is why I opted to re-write a small part of it, also in this way we can se different answers and corrections.

2 Likes

The fact is that nobody is going to read the essays you are trying to write because you are writing them for an imaginary panel of examiners. If you were interested in practicing your writing skills you would answer other users’ posts thereby engaging in real conversations. However, all you are really interested in is to please the TOEFL or IELTS guys who don’t care about you at all.

2 Likes