In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students

Dear Teacher, check it please.

TOEFL essay: In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students. Do you think this is a good idea? Support your opinion by using specific reasons and details.

When you are young you might choose either you will spend time having fun or you will try to become integrated into adult social life as soon as possible. Although some people may say that having job while studying in a Univesity is a bad idea, as it might distract a student, I think that having job while you study at the University is really a good idea.

First of all the earlier you find a job, the sooner you might find out what job fits you best. You might never know what you really like to do unless you try. For example I have a friend who finished University and although she studied hard she do not know what to do now. She has no idea what her future job would be like as University provided her with some theoretical knowledge that has nothing to do with real life. She feels very frustrated. Another friend of mine got her first job when she was at her first year at University and by the time she graduated she had known exactly what she liked to do. Having diploma she found the job really quickly. Now she feel very confident. Thus working experiece makes you feel more confident and helps you to choose the field that you would like to work in when you graduate.

Secondly people who work from their early ages gain some really usefull knowledge on how to organize thir time properly. If you work and study at the same time you need to be really disciplined and self-organized person not to either drop off the Univrsity or lose your job. You learn how to plan things ahead, manage your time, do things quickly and effectively which are very usefull habits.

To sum up in my opinion having a job while studying in University is a good idea. Not only does it help you to become more confident and choose the field where you would like to work when you graduate, but also it learns you to be a well-organized person.

TOEFL listening discussions: What will the student try to do with his next essay?

Thank you so much, Teacher!