In order, used to in same sentence

Hello everyone
I write this statement and I hope someone can advice me.

• In order to improve students activity, teacher is used to technology in classroom.
    I need
    Please correct my grammar
    And - can I considered this sentence as academic writing?
    Thank you
2 Likes

Hi, here are my suggestions. I guess this is “academic writing”, though I am not exactly sure of that defintion.
I guess you mean sentences you might find in a journal article? I guess this might fit the bill, but “students’ activity” is too vague.

3 Likes

Utilizing (n) technology (n) . Is it ok if the two noun together

1 Like

Hi, here “utilizing” is a verb acting like a noun - in other words, a gerund. Even though it is acting like a noun, it can still have an object and here technology is the verb’s object.

Here is a similar example: “Every Saturday morning, I enjoy cooking breakfast for my family.”
“cooking” is the gerund here, it is the thing that I enjoy. “breakfast” is the object of cooking, it is what I am cooking.

3 Likes

I made some change maybe will improve sentence.

In order to promote student engagement in classroom, teacher is used to utilizing technology in the classroom.

2 Likes

‘the teacher’ and ‘in the classroom’.

2 Likes

So can consider the sentence below is academic writing?

In order to promote student engagement in the classroom, the teacher is used to utilizing technology in the classroom.

2 Likes

Since there is no official definition of ‘academic writing’ you can consider your sentence or and texts as academic writing.

2 Likes

To me, the sentence can also be:

• In order to improve students’ activities, the teacher uses technology in classrooms.

• In order to improve the student activity, the teacher is used to utilizing/employing technology in the classroom.

I write this statement hoping that someone will advise me.
I wrote this sentence hoping/and hoped that someone would advise me.

3 Likes

Thank you Anglophile

Regards

2 Likes

This use of would is in conformity with the practice adopted while reporting. For example, look at the following:
He said, “I am not well, so I will not be able to attend the office today.” This sentence, if reported, will change as indicated below:
He said that he was not well, so he would not be able to attend the office that day. (All the verbs in the reported speech are in the past so as to be consistent)

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply.

2 Likes