In a busy and crowded world, we should not expect people to be polite to others.

Nowadays, the earth we live in seems to turn at a more rapid speed than ever. Every field of the society, especially areas of business, industry, finance and so forth, enthusiastically pursues high efficiency and low cost. In such a busy and crowded world, while some people does neglect, intended or not intended, the significance of politeness when getting along with others, I firmly believe that we still expect to be respected and, in return, we are expected to be polite to others.

To start with, as the population of the world is getting increasingly enlarged, we will have more chances to get in touch with others. A recent published report by some Americans reveals that, every two random individuals picked from all over the world have certain connections through at most only five other people, which is really astonishing and amazing. It well illustrates the close connections among people. Generally and traditionally, people are supposed to be well-behaved and polite when getting along with others, to socially shows their friendliness and basic respect and personally refines their inner integrity. Thus, the increasingly busy and crowded world is more an opportunity for us to improve ourselves than an excuse to be less polite to others.

Another reason that I think cannot be ignored is that politeness helps to enhance the possibilities of the success. Even in the business world which has a reputation for being filled with fierce competitions, benefit-first principles, and standardized rules, politeness plays a crucial role in it. For example, in a business negotiation, without politeness, parties with opposite benefit will never reach an agreement. However, with politeness and friendly atmosphere, it is not unlikely that opposite parties will make a compromise on the same issue, which is related to psychology. Human beings have sense of dignity and self-respects that always need to be satisfied, regardless of the change of the outside world, and that is why human beings are distinguished from other animals. Moreover, if we want to gain something from others, we should first learn to give, and the respect and politeness is the easiest and most cost-efficient thing that we can give.

To sum up, due to what has been mentioned above, we can safely reach the conclusion that we should expect people to be polite to others whether the world is getting busy and crowded or not. In short, it is something worthy doing for the sake of both others and ourselves.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why did the professor ask to see the student?

Nowadays, the earth we live in seems to turn at a more rapid speed than ever. Every field of the society, especially areas of business, industry, finance and so forth, enthusiastically pursues highER efficiency and lowER cost. In such a busy and crowded world, while some people do neglect, intended or not intended, the significance of politeness when getting along with others, I firmly believe that we still expect to be respected and, in return, we are expected to be polite to others.

To start with, as the population of the world is INCESSANTLY increasingly, we will have more chances to COME INTO CONTACT with others. A recent published report by some Americans reveals that every two random individuals picked from all over the world have certain connections through at most only five other people, which is really astonishing and amazing. It well illustrates the close connections among people. Generally and traditionally, people are supposed to be well-behaved and polite when getting along with others. To socially show their friendliness and basic respect and personally refines their inner integrity. Thus, the increasingly busy and crowded world is more an opportunity for us to improve ourselves than an excuse to be less polite to others.

Another reason that I think THAT cannot be ignored is that politeness helps to enhance the possibilities of the success. Even in the business world which has a reputation for being filled with fierce competitORS, benefit-first principles, and standardized rules, politeness plays a crucial role. For example, in a business negotiation, without politeness, parties with opposite INTERESTS will never reach an agreement. However, with politeness and A friendly atmosphere, it is not unlikely that opposiNG parties will REACH a compromise on the same issue, which is related to psychology. Human beings have A sense of dignity and self-respects that always needS to be satisfied, regardless of the changeS IN the outside world, and that is why human beings are distinguished from other animals. Moreover, if we want to gain something from others, we should first learn to give, and the respect and politeness is the easiest and most cost-efficient thing that we can give.

To sum up, due to what has been mentioned above, we can safely reach the conclusion that we should expect people to be polite to others whether the world is busy and crowded or not. In short, it is something worth doing for the sake of both others and ourselves.

A very good essay Lunzhang. You are a good writer.

Kitos. 9/10

TOEFL listening discussions: Why did the professor ask to see the student?
[/quote]

Thanks, Kitos. I owe my progress to you^^

Thanks for encouragement, NguyenTrg. Actually I’m kinda curiouse about you.haha~Because your name does sound like a Vietnamese name, but you use English like a native speaker.

A fellowman? ^^. Truong Thi Anh Nguyen–> NguyenTrg. Is that enough for you to see the link ? ^^
At first, I mistook you for Lhx :frowning: Anyway, I have read your essays these days and found them interesting and helpful, especially “Young people should try several job” ^^

PS: Haven’t seen Lhx recently:( Where are you now? :wink:

I‘m a Chinese and I live in a city quite close to your country. And recently one of my best friend told me her boyfriend is a Vietnamese. They met in UK. So I feel close when I think of Vietnam~~

Sounds great!!! Nice to befriend you.
For a quite long time here, I used the username Richard93, now I changed into my real name (Nguyen), hoping that no one will consider me as a boy, though I know Nguyen doesn’t say anything about my gender LOL.
PS: Do you know Richard-Kitos’hechman ? LOL

You’ll find yourself misjudged me :). I have found some mistakes in my posts

Hello NguyenTrg,

I am afraid some days later you would say that you are a boy and your name is Jack. LOL
By the way, if you had not told me that you are a girl, I would have not realized that you are a girl from your name. :slight_smile:

Am I that unreliable ??? LOL.
In fact, I know it is unimportant as to whether you are a boy or a girl. But I find myself behaved so girlishly. I am afraid someone will regard me as a “gay”. That is the MAIN reason why I had to do this. :frowning: