Impurity is a grave/big sin.

Hi teachers,

1. Impurity is a grave/big sin. The one who commit impurity puts lives of human beings in danger.

Many thanks in advance.

“commit” should be “commits”. “grave” seems a more fitting word than “big” in this context. “the lives” may be better than “lives”. (Out of context, this sentence makes me wonder: Which “human beings”? And why? Of course it may be clearer in context.)

Impurity is a grave sin. The one who commits impurity puts many lives in danger. Correct?

It was in my local language. I tried to translate it.

Yes, this is correct English. However, I am still unsure how committing impurity can put many lives in danger.

If the ‘impurity’ led to contamination of food or water, then I suppose the meaning could be physical, though I would change ‘commits’:.
Impunity is a grave sin. One who causes impurity puts many lives in danger.

However, I wonder if ‘impurity’ is more an indication of an act of adultery, etc. In which case, I suspect this would be a better translation:
Adultery is a grave sin. One who commits adultery puts a number of personal lives in jeopardy.

I’m sure “impurity” is meant in some kind of religious/moral sense. I can understand how being “impure” would allegedly have some detrimental effect on that individual, but not how it would put “many lives in danger” (unless perhaps there is some retribution exacted on a whole community for one individual’s transgressions?)

As you can see, I would use ‘a number of’ rather than ‘many’.
In terms of personal lives, rather than physical lives I think that is reasonable:
the ‘transgressors’, their partners, their children, often their parents and extended family.

Thank you - Sir Dozy & Madam Beesneees