If you need to discuss upsetting or controversial problems with others, you will

With the growth of economy, there remain various methods to express our emotion, ranging from e-mail or text-messaging to telephone or voice-messaging. Different people would choose different methods to discuss upsetting or controversial problems with others. As for me, I prefer to use e-mail or text messaging. I list my reasons as follows.

The first plain truth, I am presenting here, is that by e-mail or text messaging, peple can avoid unneccsssary misunderstanding and embrassment, especially for those who are shy and easily lose his own temper. In many cases, a vast number of people distort the complains from telephone, because someone would feel anxiety and shy when they are discussing upsetting or controversial problems with others and may express their ideas inaccurate. However, compared with telephone or voice-messaging, writing e-mail or text messaging would solve the problems smoothly. Take me as an example, I have ever quarrelled with my best friend, sue. When I was meant to apology with her, I called phone to her. However, I could not say any words, because I felt so embrassed. In the end, I send a e-mail to her. A few days later, she forgived me. Nowadays, we get along well with each other. This case is not rare, and it is one of many examples I have ever encountered. In a word, writing e-mail or text messaging can help people express their emotion accurately and avoid misunderstanding and embrassment.

What’s more, writing e-mail or text messaging cannot disturb others’ daily life while using telephone or voice-message may bother someone who have no time to respond your call, especially during the meeting time. For instance, my uncle, Jesse is fired because he always rush out to answer the phone during the meeting time and thus don’t focus his attention on the meeting. Besides, compared with telephone, e-mail or text messaging can be written at any time and any places, and the receivers can respond it at their leisure, which saves them a vast amount of time. So it is more convient for people to discuss upsetting or controversila problems with others.

In general, through written forms of communicaion such as e-mail or text messaging, people not only express their emotion exactly and avoid misunderstanding but also bring convenience to people and save people a vast amount of time. So I prefer to use e-mail or text messaging when I discuss upsetting or controversial problems with others.

I don’t know how to post my topics. I tried several times to post my topics but I failed. Finally I choose to send a message. I am not sure whether it is right or wrong. I am a newcome person and who can tell me how to post my topics. Thanks a lot!!!

Hi Irene,

Thank you very much for your post. We will review it and get back to you about it.

Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students (2)[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello Irenehyl.

You’ve got it right. Welcome to the forums.

Thank you!

Thanks a lot!

i agree with u