If there are still any errors, please tell me

The following is my student’s article, whose errors I have tried my best to correct. If there are still any errors, please tell me. Thank you very much!
Hello, I am Evelyn! I am a quiet girl, but sometimes I am very crazy. My hobbies are listening to music, reading novels, and watching Korean dramas.
I have met several English teachers. They taught me listening, speaking, reading, and writing. I once had a teacher called Tommy who taught me not only English but also what teamwork is. In his class, I didn’t feel nervous or bored. Sometimes, he played a joke on us or did something funny like knocking over our pencil cases. Though it is childish, we wouldn’t mind or get angry.
My idol, MONSTA X, does bring me the courage of doing what I want to do. Also, their voices attract me and make me feel comfortable while I’m studying.
I dream of being a writer in the future because my favorite writer always encourages us to try to document our life, and then write it down as a story. If we have any questions, she would give us her opinions as well as her help.
I love EC3. There are many outgoing and fun people in class. They do bring laughter to us and I am grateful to them.
Last but not least, many thanks go to Mavis, Anna, Tony, and Stephen. I couldn’t have learned so much knowledge without their teaching.

1 Like

Hi, “do” in English is pretty tricky. Usually we only use something like “I do like it” when we are contradicting or correcting someone else - “You never liked K-pop” “No, I do like it.”

Here are the other changes I would make:

Sometimes, he [would play] a joke on us or [do] something funny like knocking over our pencil cases.

My [idols], MONSTA X, [bring] me the courage [to do] what I want to do.

They [definitely] bring laughter to us {or “they bring so much laughter …”} and I am grateful to them.

2 Likes

My hobbies are: listening to music; reading novels and watching Korean dramas.

I have met several teachers who have taught me how to listen; speak; read and write in English.

My idol Monsta X gives me the courage through their voices while I’m studying.

They are many fun, outgoing pupils in my class. They bring a lot of joy to each lesson which I’m very grateful for.

Many thanks must go to Mavis; Anna; Tony and Stephen for all their great expertise while teaching me.

1 Like

I wouldn’t use the expression ‘learn so much knowledge’ as the word learn implies that knowledge has been gained so it is redundant. You could have learned so much about (insert a topic) and then you could say that you have developed skills. Alernatively you could say that you have acquired knowledge about (insert the field/area, such as the mechanics of language).

Hope that you find this helpful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In principle, everything is sufficiently tolerant, relatively modern “American” (not to be confused with English). Some moments of admissibility and liberties are sometimes even welcome. Another thing is that if you need a highly specialized approach, then only strict language will be needed. Then English language courses and great practice.

Just let him write more, communicate more. This will help in acquiring good knowledge in the language.

By the way, I can also advise you to contact the aggregator of foreign language courses from linguatrip. They work all over the world and their teaching methods are sufficiently developed, taking into account the fact that all teachers are native speakers. This should additionally help in training and such necessary practice for the student and schoolchild.

I couldn’t have had/gained/acquired/earned so much knowledge without their teaching. I think this will be more collocational.
(By the way, I wonder how Luschen has overseen this aspect)

2 Likes