"If I get a job outside our home instead of working here, I'll have to spend money on uniforms and make-up, to say ..... of the gas money it will cost to get to work," Linda explained to Chris

"If I get a job outside our home instead of working here, I'll have to spend money on uniforms and make-up, to say ..... of the gas money it will cost to get to work," Linda explained to Chris. (*) nothing (*) something (*) little (*) a lot

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://english.best/questions/15401,if-i-get-a-job-outside-our-home-instead-of-working-here-ill-have-to-spend-money-on-uniforms-and-make-up-to-say-___-of-the-gas-money-it-will-cost-to-get-to-work-linda-explained-to-chris/
3 Likes

“If I get a job outside our home instead of working here, I’ll have to spend money on uniforms and make-up, to say a lot of the gas money it will cost to get to work,” Linda explained to Chris.

2 Likes

Please, could anyone explain the meaning of the previous sentence to me?

2 Likes

It means ‘let alone/not to mention’. Please let me know if this answers your question.

2 Likes

Hello, Sir Torsten Daerr. Thank you very much, sir, for replying to my question. Excuse me, sir. I do not understand the meaning of your answer, too.
Many thanks

1 Like