IELTS WRITING TASK 2 number 7

He everyone,
I would appreciate it if I could get your opinion.
Thanks!
Social media has become a real problem for some young people today, and governments should create laws that allow only people over 18 years of age to have accounts.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your knowledge or experience.
Nowadays, the breakthrough of the internet has made a lot of significant advances in which it leads to a boom time of social media. This questions whether governments should allow only over-18-old people to have their accounts. I personally believe that this could do good significantly.

Of course, using social media affects student’s physical and mental well-being which is a major reason that makes them get low results in schooling. Indeed, social media could be primarily responsible for this plummeting because the majority becomes dependent on using ones than studying. The fact today could be visible that more and more children spend most of their time using social networking platforms to connect and socialize with a peer around the world. Some scientific statistics show that the percentage of young people using networks has experienced an upward trend throughout every year. New laws, therefore, should be put to impose some bad consequences.

On the other hand, crime today is getting much younger because of the soon approaches to social media of the students. To illustrate, Through access to social platforms, it’s easy that the students could imitate some so-called trends to reflect others regardless of their harm. Interestingly, some drug smugglers could take the advantage of the slit to overreach some vulnerable youngers. Some countries figure out young criminals who transfer drugs and marijuana to other nations.

In conclusion, I believe that creating laws by governments to prevent youngers from using social media is good news.

2 Likes

Nowadays, the breakthrough of the Internet has made many significant advances, leading to a boom time in social media. This raises the question of whether governments should only allow over 18s to have their accounts. Personally, I think this could do a lot of good.

Of course, social media use affects students’ physical and mental well-being, which is one of the main reasons they do poorly in school. In fact, social media could be primarily responsible for this deterioration, as the majority become addicted to using it instead of learning. Today, it can be seen that more and more children spend most of their time using social networks to connect and socialize with their peers around the world. Some scientific statistics show that the percentage of young people using networks has seen an upward trend every year. Therefore, new laws should be enacted to impose negative consequences.

On the other hand, crime is becoming much younger nowadays because students soon have access to social media. To illustrate, with access to social platforms, it is easy for students to mimic some so-called trends to reflect others without regard to their harm. Interestingly, some drug smugglers might take advantage of the slot to catch some vulnerable youths off guard. Some countries have tracked down young criminals who smuggle drugs and marijuana to other countries.

In conclusion, I believe that the creation of laws by governments to prevent young people from using social media is good news.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, Torsten.

1 Like

Sure, just a another reminder: