IELTS Writing task 2: ask 2 : Some people think that instead of preventing climate change

Dear teacher,

Please help me check my IELTS Writing task 2 essay.

Thank you very much.

Task 2 : Some people think that instead of preventing climate change, we need to find a way to live with it. To what extent do you agree or disagree? And give some consequences that humans could face if we do nothing to solve this problem.

Today, Climate change takes a priority over other problems in the world. Some people argue that we should adapt it rather than find solutions in order to deal with this problem. Personally, I do not agree with this view, and I believe that we still have time to attempt to find efficient solutions. And if we do not do anything we absolutely cope with severe results.

Both the government and individuals have responsibilities to tackle this problem. In terms of the governments, they should introduce laws and policies to restrict Co2 emission from factories that are the main reason causing global temperature. In addition, they must enforce companies to install sewage system and also impose ‘’ green taxes ‘’ on airline companies. Thanks to these actions, a large of Co2 would be low. In terms of individuals, people should have awareness of classifying types of trash to give the government a hand to recycle it. Using public means of transport would be an easy way to make a major contribution to the reduction of CO2 emission.

It is irrefutable that if we ignore all warnings from climate change and live with it, we will definitely face disastrous results. One of the most severe results is the melting of polar ice caps. That causes an increase in the sea- level leading to disasters like drought or flood. Obviously, these disasters coincide with diseases and famine. Especially, in countries where lack of means to safeguard low-lying areas. Millions of people would be lost homes and jobs. And then, they can be force to migrate to nearby city or even other countries.

In conclusion, it seems to me that it is really important to resolve the problem of climate change and I totally disagree with those who find out that we can live with it.

2 Likes

Hi, this prompt is a bit tricky and I am afraid you did not answer it correctly. You did a pretty good job of restating the prompt in your introduction, but your first body paragraph did not follow your introduction’s lead. The prompt’s main point is that dealing with global warming’s consequences might be more practical than trying to solve global warming itself. Why not just relocate cities to higher ground or build seawalls to protect them? Why not move farmland and populations north as the climate cools and do a better job conserving water to deal with droughts? These are the questions you need to address and answer in your essay. Just giving solutions to global warming is not really addressing the real question of the prompt. Your second body paragraph is better, as you do answer the second half of the prompt by giving some vivid examples of what we can expect. Here are some specific suggestions on grammar, vocabulary, and sentence structure.

3 Likes

Thank you very much,

Teacher,

1 Like