IELTS Writing Skills - 1

Hi

I am going to give the IELTS examination in 8-10 weeks time. I have decided to do self study for the exam. I am hoping if someone can provide any feedback on my writing skills and give me some advise to improve my writing skills and also some advise to avoid any grammatical errors.

I will be submitting few letters every week and I hope everyone will be OK with this

Regards
Deepak

Letter 1

Dear Amit

I am sorry to hear about you had an accident last week and you have been admitted in the hospital.Also, I came to know you will not be playing the tournament which is starting next week. I feel sorry for you. I know how important it was for you to play in such a big tournament.

I am hoping staff at hospital are taking good care of you and giving you the best treatment. I have a good news to tell you that our team has been selected to play in the Soccer World cup tournament which is starting next year. Also, our team coach has shortlisted few players who will be playing in the World cup. Yours name is also in the list. I am sure you will be feeling good after hearing this news. Moreover, Coach has decided to start a practice session in the two weeks time. I am sure you will be recovered by then and will be able to participate in the practice session.

Take Care
Deepak

TOEFL listening discussions: What did the young man do during his last holiday?

Dear Amit,

I’m sorry to hear that you had an accident last week and have been admitted to hospital. I hope the nurses are taking good care of you. I guess you won’t be playing in the tournament next week, will you? That’s too bad. I know how important it was for you to play in such a big tournament.

I have some good news to tell you– our team has been selected to play in the Soccer World Cup tournament next year. Our coach has shortlisted a few players for it, and your name is on the list. I’m sure you’ll feel better after hearing this news. Coach has decided to start practice sessions in two weeks. I’m sure you’ll be recovered by then and will be able to participate.

Take care,

Deepak

Dear Amit

I am so sorry to hear you had an accident last week and you have been admitted to the hospital. It’s very sad that you can’t play in the tournament which will start next week. I know how important it is for you to play in such a big tournament.

I hope the hospital staff are taking good care of you and will receive the best treatment. I have good news for you. Our team has been selected to play in the Soccer World Cup tournament which will start next year. At the moment our team coach has shortlisted with a few players to play at the World Cup and your name is on the list. I hope this news will make you feel better. The Coach has decided to start a practice session in two weeks time. I am sure you will have recovered by then and will be able to participate

Get well soon!
Best wishes
Deepak

Hi friends:

I have a doubt , please any one answer it ,
In this situation the tournament will be starting next week , which means that event is going to held in future , is it correct say like this - “I know how important it was for you to play in such a big tournament”.
Thank you

Yes, because he is not going to play in it, is he?

Dear Sir;
Thank you very much your answer.

Thanks for your feedback.

Good evening every body
This page was helpful for me.

However…,just take a look at the name of forum:
Prep Forum for the TOEFL® Test and essay samples collection
I was wondering is it for IELTS candidates or TOEFL test takers.
Mister Micawber please correct TOEFL essays too, or at least, from time to time, pass a comment, which include your personal view of improving process of members.
isn’t it a brilliant idea to make another forum for IELTS candidates?